(Formerly) Loyal NCL cruiser tries Princess - a comparison

drvalo

Thank you for your comparison.

We find basically the same equation.....On all the lines we have tried, (Carnival, NCL, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity), there are some things better and some not. We now strictly book our cruises based on destination and price. Of course, the only drawback to doing this is we seem to be taking forever to get to those coveted past cruiser high statuses. As God as my witness, one day I WILL have free laundry!!! LOL

Thank you! That was really useful. I especially appreciate the comparison as we are relatively new to cruising, having been only on NCL, and my sister strongly prefers Princess.

I would love to see a similar comparison between NCL and HAL, which we suspect we would prefer.

As you can see by my extended signature, I no longer have a favorite line. I now book by itinerary, the ship itself, and price. The only line I've pretty much eliminated is Carnival. I have found booking on the newer ships to be more expensive than Royal,Princess, and NCL. Celebrity is more expensive, but for me ,it includes the drink pkg and $300.00 OBC, so it gets much closer.

As you can see by my extended signature, I no longer have a favorite line. I now book by itinerary, the ship itself, and price. The only line I've pretty much eliminated is Carnival. I have found booking on the newer ships to be more expensive than Royal,Princess, and NCL. Celebrity is more expensive, but for me ,it includes the drink pkg and $300.00 OBC, so it gets much closer.

MSC now includes the “Drinks in Us” drink package on its Miami sailings for the Divina and Seaside.

• 5 weeks later...

We took princess a few years back on the Hawaii trip out of Long Beach. No one told us the ship was going into dry dock immediately following this cruise. The cruise was a nightmare similar to the NCL Sun issue e few weeks back. We complained to anyone that would listen but Princess ignored every complaint. Emails were sent, TA complaints were ignored, etc. so, our only recourse was to never sail with Princess again. Since that cruise we have been on 10 plus cruises and have settled on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL in that order. I am sure that Princess doesn’t care and will not miss our business.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been 5 years since I cruised on Princess. The last cruise was a 19 day Ft. Lauderdale to Buenos Aires on the Grand. At the time, I was 4 cruises short of Elite. For formal nights, I always wore a dark button down dress shirt and slacks to the MDR. Didn't have to miss out on those special dinners.