When all suite categories are "Wait List"

The odds are fairly good for a cruise that far out. Our November, 2017 cruise had been completely waitlisted for months but when final payment was due, several suites opened up. It is best to make a deposit for the suite category that you are interested in.

Calling Regent could let you know if there is a problem with the cruise (as there was with two 2020 cruises) but they have no idea if people will be canceling. I would go for it!

lol - a $500 deposit to be put on a wait list. Talk about a company wanting their cake and eat it.

Not trying to be unkind but is there anything about Regent that you do like? I understand that you had flight issues recently but it sounds as if you have written Regent off. It is quite common to put a deposit for a waitlist and the deposit is refundable so I don't see the problem.

Not trying to be unkind but is there anything about Regent that you do like? I understand that you had flight issues recently but it sounds as if you have written Regent off. It is quite common to put a deposit for a waitlist and the deposit is refundable so I don't see the problem.

Oh not one of your "not trying to be unkind" starts to a post. Of course there are things that I like about Regent, otherwise I would not be sailing with them this Thursday. However, "not trying to be unkind", I think you are way to bias in favour of Regent. Personally, I feel companies who hold themselves out to be a 6 star experience (with prices to match) need to be held to account when they do not meet such standards or when they demand such things as cash upfront before they will consider you for a waitlist.

Oh not one of your "not trying to be unkind" starts to a post. Of course there are things that I like about Regent, otherwise I would not be sailing with them this Thursday. However, "not trying to be unkind", I think you are way to bias in favour of Regent. Personally, I feel companies who hold themselves out to be a 6 star experience (with prices to match) need to be held to account when they do not meet such standards or when they demand such things as cash upfront before they will consider you for a waitlist.

If you think that I am "way to bias in favour of Regent", you obviously did not read my review of our Voyager cruise that ended a couple of days ago. It is true, however, that I do not run them down at every possible opportunity as some posters do (not pointing fingers at anyone in particular). If I did not feel that they lived up to their 6 star experience (and prices to match), we would not be sailing on Regent.

Nothing is perfect and Regent is not for everyone which is why it is great that we have choices of luxury cruise lines. If someone does not like one, they can try another. We have tried another luxury cruise line and returned to Regent. Perhaps this made us appreciate the Regent Experience so much.

If you think that I am "way to bias in favour of Regent", you obviously did not read my review of our Voyager cruise that ended a couple of days ago. It is true, however, that I do not run them down at every possible opportunity as some posters do (not pointing fingers at anyone in particular). If I did not feel that they lived up to their 6 star experience (and prices to match), we would not be sailing on Regent.

Nothing is perfect and Regent is not for everyone which is why it is great that we have choices of luxury cruise lines. If someone does not like one, they can try another. We have tried another luxury cruise line and returned to Regent. Perhaps this made us appreciate the Regent Experience so much.

I do not expect perfection, and happy to pay 6 star prices for a 6 star service (although I do like a good deal). Indeed, I recently posted what a good offer the included laundry on Mediterranean was - another post you did not like. In relation to your posts, I think you should re-read them because in nearly all cases you are defending Regent.

Looking at the Amsterdam to New York sailing in August 2019 and all the suites are identified as Wait Listed. What are the chances of any of the Wait List clearing for someone who would book this month?

We booked that cruise when bookings opened. It is the last segment of an 89 day NYC to NYC :Grand Arctic Quest" cruise that begins on June 18, 2019.. At some point after we booked, Regent apparently decided to wait list every category for that segment, in the hope that they would fill the ship with cruisers for the full 80 days. See posts 7 to 10 on the Grand Arctic Quest Roll Call, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55790515#post55790515 . The roll call for Amsterdam to NYC is at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2601925 . We hope that both you and the other couple who want to be on this segment will be able to join us.

lol - a $500 deposit to be put on a wait list. Talk about a company wanting their cake and eat it.

One is not required to place a deposit to be on the waitlist, but IF one submits a deposit it is viewed as a more serious offer to book the waitlisted cabin. Given that the deposit is 100% refundable, how is that “wanting their cake and eat it”? The only thing lost are the pennies of interest that would perhaps be earned on the $500.

I do not expect perfection, and happy to pay 6 star prices for a 6 star service (although I do like a good deal). Indeed, I recently posted what a good offer the included laundry on Mediterranean was - another post you did not like. In relation to your posts, I think you should re-read them because in nearly all cases you are defending Regent.

Apparently you read my displeasure at having our/my Seven Seas Society benefits lessened by the included laundry promotion incorrectly. I was defending our benefits - not defending Regent. Actually, I was upset with Regent for giving away benefits that many of their most loyal customers spent years (and a lot of money) to earn.

How is a refundable deposit having their cake and eating it? All things being equal, it shows someone is serious about it. :/

If you think that I am "way to bias in favour of Regent", you obviously did not read my review of our Voyager cruise that ended a couple of days ago. .

Travelcat, where can I read your very recent review of the Voyager. You’ve got me worried as we sail on her next month.

Travelcat, where can I read your very recent review of the Voyager. You’ve got me worried as we sail on her next month.

Nothing to worry about elaina - the food and service were exemplary and the ship looks great. My negative comments on this thread - post #172 https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613653&page=9 had to do with excursions and some of the passengers on the Voyager during our cruise. Obviously you will have different passengers and a different itinerary so all is good!