Gift Idea for Concierge (Besides cash)

hey everyone,

I am looking for suggestions to get a small gift for the concierge onboard the Allure (Nancy) as a thank you for dealing with my emails (multiple) way before she really needs to. I’ll make sure to take care of her once I am onboard but my father is actually sailing on the Allure this coming Sunday and I would love to send him with a little something to give to her.

I don’t want to give my father cash since I will be on he ship 3 weeks after he gets off but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello

Unless you know them and would know something exact that they like then I would opt for the cash as they can get what they want, or save it, also, they only have a limited amount of space too and with the weight limit of what they can take back home with them.

I might even send her an email saying how much you appreciate her assistance and ask if there’s anything she might want-like a particular chocolate, a scarf, or even something more practical. Some people might feel that’s tacky, but if you’re set on giving a gift with such limited space in crew quarters, at least you’d know she wouldn’t immediately have to throw it away.

We always give cash but since we are having the same stateroom attendant again this year I am going to take her a box of chocolate. I know it is her birthday when we cruise. Last year when we got off in a port where she couldn't get off we asked her what she would like us to bring her from port. The day she was getting off in port we put our our "do not disturb " sign so she wouldn't have to spend time in our room and she could get off of the ship quicker. We told her ahead of time so she wouldn't wait. She argued but we insisted.

hey everyone,

I am looking for suggestions to get a small gift for the concierge onboard the Allure (Nancy) as a thank you for dealing with my emails (multiple) way before she really needs to. I’ll make sure to take care of her once I am onboard but my father is actually sailing on the Allure this coming Sunday and I would love to send him with a little something to give to her.

I don’t want to give my father cash since I will be on he ship 3 weeks after he gets off but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Scott

She won't know you from Adam a week after you sail. Give cash at time of service

She won't know you from Adam a week after you sail. Give cash at time of service

Some do as do waiters etc but i agree once you are gone they tend to spend their time looking after new guests and most people are forgotten.

Let me clarify. I will be giving her cash when I am on the ship. I would just like to have my father get something for her when he is on the ship as a “thanks so far” sign of appreciation. She has been going back and forth helping me for about a month via email so I just wanted to say thanks. I asked her via email and she said nothing was necessary but she has been wonderful.

Chocolates are a good idea. Again I will be giving her cash onboard but I feel like I would rather give that to her in person and not have my father do that.

I think you may have misunderstood. My father will be on the ship on a sailing before me so I wanted to send something with him for her help so far but I will definitely be giving her cash when I sail 3 weeks after him.

Honestly, OP, I would be just like you doing the same thing....chocolates, well, you not sure whether she has an allergy or diabetic...how about calling RC and seeing if you can give her a gift card to a specialty restaurant, I do know crew/staff eat at times in the specialty restaurants.

Honestly, OP, I would be just like you doing the same thing....chocolates, well, you not sure whether she has an allergy or diabetic...how about calling RC and seeing if you can give her a gift card to a specialty restaurant, I do know crew/staff eat at times in the specialty restaurants.

Another good suggestion. Thanks

hey everyone,

Thanks,

Scott

Nancy loves chocolate. Get her a nice assortment of those with a card in addition to cash at the end.