IC question - your own coffee mug?

JC in CA

Hi,

Just wondering- has anyone brought their own insulated coffee mug to the International Cafe and had it filled? The last time we were in Alaska my husband brought along an insulated travel mug and used it. But, we were filling it from a dispenser, not at the coffee place on board.

He likes his big cup of coffee every morning and this would be a great solution. If they won't, I'm thinking he will just take his mug with him, order 2 cups of coffee and pour them in himself.

thanks for any info

-Jerie

We enjoy our am coffee in our room, so I would take our contigo thermal mugs to the IC in the morning when we didn't have an early tour or on a sea day and they filled them for us. It might vary from ship to ship, and how busy they are.

Never had a problem getting them to fill my insulated mug with brewed coffee at the IC. My wife brings her clear insulated Starbucks mug for her iced frappaccino coffee drinks to keep them cold.

I’ve been on cruises where they ran out of the large size disposable cups so having an insulated mug would be helpful.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi,

Just wondering- has anyone brought their own insulated coffee mug to the International Cafe and had it filled?

I have done this many times. Bring a travel mug back to Mrs. Pablo, first thing.

One emerald once, I saw a woman bring a room service coffee caraffe to the IC and demand that it be filled.

I was a little put off by what I viewed as greed or glutony.

But, I was able to overlook that, and simply be put off by her wearing a bathrobe in the atrium.

I was able to have my cup refilled every morning on a ten day cruise, they would have my drink ready to be poured into my cup every morning at 7:15. It was never a problem for them, matter a fact it made life easy for them because they knew to have it ready for me just in case for some reason they had a busy morning they could plan ahead, also a little tip, with a smile and a Thank You also helps !!!

I have done this many times. Bring a travel mug back to Mrs. Pablo, first thing.

One emerald once, I saw a woman bring a room service coffee caraffe to the IC and demand that it be filled.

I was a little put off by what I viewed as greed or glutony.

But, I was able to overlook that, and simply be put off by her wearing a bathrobe in the atrium.

Oh my.... some people!

It's especially nice to have your own mug when sailing somewhere such as Glacier Bay, Alaska where paper products (cups, straws, etc) are not available when in the bay.

That is exactly why we brought the mug last time! We had read the suggestion to bring an insulated mug since it was so nice when cruising the glaciers.