Receiving Purchased Alcohol Last Night

kapcruiser

For the last few cruises, liquor has not been delivered. We have had to pick it up the last morning before debarking.

Hubby got in line early and waited a couple of times. Now, he takes my recommendation and shows up at least a half hour into the pickup time, so no waiting.

Wendy

For the last few cruises, liquor has not been delivered. We have had to pick it up the last morning before debarking.

Hubby got in line early and waited a couple of times. Now, he takes my recommendation and shows up at least a half hour into the pickup time, so no waiting.

Wendy

Good tip.

I think the OP might mean at what TIME on that last night will it be delivered.

I don't often buy liquor on ships, but on Carnival, it is usually delivered later on the last night. Carnival experimented with liquor pickup on debark day, but I think they have reverted to last night delivery. People who have bought booze on Carnival recently can elaborate.

I got off an RCCL cruise last month and bought a bottle of my brother's favorite Scotch at 10:00 a.m. on the last sea day. Much to my surprise, the crew member handed me the bag.

It's always been delivered to our room on the last night. They've always gotten it there early enough for us to bubble-wrap each bottle and put it in our checked bags, which then go back in the hall for luggage pickup.

Depends on the length of your cruise. If it's delivered,it's based on when your room steward cleans your room.

The Fun Shops (onboard)

All alcohol purchased in The Fun Shops onboard will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

They started a year or two ago with making people go somewhere to pick up all liquor debarkation morning.

Apparently enough people complained/stopped buying liquor so they deliver it on longer cruises.

Oh, so Carnival does listen to their customers. Good to know.:)

It appears that the FAQ section is currently down but on shorter cruises you still have to go pick it up the morning of debarkation. I believe that the cutoff is 6 days or longer get delivered.

Our last two cruises (we cruise once a year in the Spring) were 7 day cruises and we had to go pick up in the morning - maybe they have changed policies since we last cruised. In the past when it was delivered it was generally in our rooms by the time we returned from dinner.

I think I do recall having purchased liquor on the last day and being permitted to take it back to the room.

Do pay attention to how much you can bring back. We had a friend purchase around 5 bottles and she got nabbed by customs and had to pay a fine right there and then. I don't recall it being much, but they will get their money if you exceed what you are permitted to bring back.

We just got off the Splendor Saturday. They delivered the alcohol to our room around 7pm Friday night.

Glad that they changed it.

On the Splendor in March, liquor purchased onboard had to be picked up at the liquor store starting at 6am (6:30?). Liquor purchased onshore was picked up in the disco.

Our last two cruises (we cruise once a year in the Spring) were 7 day cruises and we had to go pick up in the morning - maybe they have changed policies since we last cruised. In the past when it was delivered it was generally in our rooms by the time we returned from dinner.

I think I do recall having purchased liquor on the last day and being permitted to take it back to the room.

Do pay attention to how much you can bring back. We had a friend purchase around 5 bottles and she got nabbed by customs and had to pay a fine right there and then. I don't recall it being much, but they will get their money if you exceed what you are permitted to bring back.

It's a duty, not a fine. Unless you mean they tried to bring them in without declaring them, in which case that's called "smuggling" and carries a very hefty fine. If it wasn't much, it was probably just the duty.

Oh, so Carnival does listen to their customers. Good to know.:)

Not often, but thinking that others decided not worth the trouble to pickup so they stopped buying on the ship just like we did.

Booze sales went down so they reversed themselves and delivered last night of cruise.

We will be on splendor, if we purchase alcohol on ship, when will it be delivered to our cabin on last night?
Yes, but on my last cruise (not the Splendor), they were a little lax about this. I probably could have walked right by security with my alcohol, walked up to my cabin, and drank it right there on the ship. Shocking. However, we turned it in and paid for our onboard drinks.

That’s not a fine. They didn’t get nabbed. CBP charged duty, or an import tax. You’re allowed 1L per person duty free, meaning tax free. There’s no limit on what you can bring back, but they will sometimes charge a couple of bucks per bottle on anything you import over the duty free (meaning tax free) limit. They usually don’t bother as long as you’re not bringing entire cases back, but they’re allowed to. Just declare it. You don’t want to be caught smuggling alcohol (or anything). That can lead to real criminal penalties, not just them charging import duty.