Carnival’s Mahogany Bay beach

Geargoesdown

I have been to Roatan once before and did Little French Key about 6 months ago. It was great but don’t think I want to do it again. Trying to decide what to do this time in just a few weeks. Wanting to keep it low key and relax and don’t want to spend 45 mins on a bus trying to get somewhere!

Is carnival’s beach worth a stop?? As of now, all of the excursions are sold out for the beach except for one and it’s $75 per person!! That seems crazy expensive! Do they have a free option if you just show up and walk around for awhile or sit on the beach? Do they have food and drinks available? Is it crazy crowded with thousands of people? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

There is no charge to use the beach at the port, but the chairs are first some, first served. The packages that are offered include the rides on the sky chairs, chairs on the beach, floats to use in the water and I think one of the packages includes kayaks.

I have been to Roatan once before and did Little French Key about 6 months ago. It was great but don’t think I want to do it again. Trying to decide what to do this time in just a few weeks. Wanting to keep it low key and relax and don’t want to spend 45 mins on a bus trying to get somewhere!

Is carnival’s beach worth a stop?? As of now, all of the excursions are sold out for the beach except for one and it’s $75 per person!! That seems crazy expensive! Do they have a free option if you just show up and walk around for awhile or sit on the beach? Do they have food and drinks available? Is it crazy crowded with thousands of people? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

The good and bad of Mahogany Bay beach,,,

Good, free chairs towards the back, but your things(money, etc.) will be out of sight if you walk to the front to swim.

Good, water is clean, as is beach, but it gets extremely crowded with 2 ships in port, sort of like 'people soup'!!!

There are 3 large rest. /bars right behind your chairs to eat/drink, but it costs money, not free.

There are shower facilities to wash off near the end of the sky ride, the sky ride costs $12. per person for the day, the last time we were there.

Please do more research...

1. The beach at mahogany bay is free, you can walk to it.

2. While excursions may be full, there are plenty of taxis available to take you to other places on the island...better beaches than MB, the zoo, island shopping...etc.

We stayed at the Mahogany Bay beach last week. It was ok. We chose to stay because we had plans at the other three ports and this would be our cheap stop. It was fine. The swimming area is ok. It’s very grassy once you get out 20 yards off the beach. It’s shallow and crowded. Next time there we’ll hop in a cab and head to a beach someplace other than the free beach. Can’t speak to the restaurant other than there were a plentiful amount of waiters there to serve you if you were so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mahogany bay beach is fine for us. Lots of shaded lounge chairs and water is good.

Easy walk from the ship and if you choose no problem going back for free lunch. See no reason to pay for overpriced lunch when a nice lunch we paid for is waiting for us on the ship

Thanks

We did the beach at the port but it got really crowded very fast, so we went inside to use wifi and have drinks. It was ok. I wanted to do Little French Key and did not, so I will do that next time in port there. The new resort option looks great.

Thanks

This is our favorite island for the wide variety of things to do. We have loved taking island tours, mixing and matching what we want to do with both Victor Bodden and Island Marketing. But if you don't want to do anything, the beach area is just fine.