Bedding choice mysteriously changed

luckybecky

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the glitch rears its head whenever a payment is made (or some other change) and the bedding preference defaults to twin beds. I'd be curious to know if anyone who has chosen twin beds as their preference has ever had it "mysteriously" changed to king bed. If that has happened, there goes my theory.
We have two cabins for our upcoming cruise and hadn't made any additional payments since we paid the deposit. We paid off both bookings at the same time a week before the final payment date. One was set to king and the other twins. After I made the final payments, the king changed to twins and the twins stayed the same. I think you're right, twins are default and I think it switches back to default.

And people wonder/complain about cabin steward staffing levels......

Nothing like adding to their work load "just to be silly". ...

We originally booked with another family. It was to be their first time, so we had everything under our Carnival.com account. As a joke, I was going to switch their king to twins. They wouldn't have known that a king bed is just two twins together, so I wanted to see how they'd react. Unfortunately, they cancelled so I won't get to play it out. I would've switched them back myself or given the steward an extra tip for his time if it came to that. Trust me, what little time & effort it would take a steward to switch the beds I'm sure is nothing compared to what some people do to their cabins.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the glitch rears its head whenever a payment is made (or some other change) and the bedding preference defaults to twin beds. I'd be curious to know if anyone who has chosen twin beds as their preference has ever had it "mysteriously" changed to king bed. If that has happened, there goes my theory.[/quote

We always ask for twin beds and it NEVER happens--always KIng. Makes us feel bad to have the Steward have to make a change on his/her busiest day. It is done with a smile however!

I had mine selected as King, and when I made a payment yesterday, it got changed to a Twin. I went back and changed it back to King. I'm guessing I'll have to do that every time I make a payment.
Prolly. It could be worse, I suppose. Every time we make a payment, we could be moved to a lesser cabin, or a different ship. Still, as long as that glitch has been around you'd think Carnival could have repaired it by now. This has been happening not for a few weeks, or even a few months, but a few years. I guess they view it as unimportant, since it doesn't affect their bottom line.

The same day I noticed our bed configuration changed after making our final payment, I also noticed Carnival had changed our check-in time. They moved it up half an hour. We don’t mind, we’ll take the earlier time, but I thought that was a strange thing to change without notifying us.

We always ask for twin beds and it NEVER happens--always KIng. Makes us feel bad to have the Steward have to make a change on his/her busiest day. It is done with a smile however!
But does it change itself to king in your online Cruise Manager or just happens to be king when you get on board?

Prolly. It could be worse, I suppose. Every time we make a payment, we could be moved to a lesser cabin, or a different ship. Still, as long as that glitch has been around you'd think Carnival could have repaired it by now. This has been happening not for a few weeks, or even a few months, but a few years. I guess they view it as unimportant, since it doesn't affect their bottom line.

Agreed. The thing is, it just makes more work for their already overworked stewards. Don't know why they can't fix this. The stewards are awesome, and I know they will always quickly and cheerfully fix any problem. Just sorry this seems to be an added and unnecessary headache for them.

So I guess based on what y'all have experienced, everyone should log into their account & double-check the bedding setup a day or so prior to sailing. However, my bedding setup didn't change after I made full payment. I will check both ours & our friends' setup again, just to be sure.

I cruise solo and always choose twin because once I did it I liked the extra room to move around.

It will show Twin on my booking but the last two cruises the beds were set up as king when I boarded.

I just left it that way...LOL

I had this happen; I attribute it to over-worked cabin stewards who just leave the bed configuration the way it was for the debarking passengers - and hope that you will just accept it. Less work for them.

Also, having two twins does make a cabin seem far more spacious!