Bedding choice mysteriously changed

luckybecky

I've logged into My Cruise Manager any number of times over the past several months. Our bedding choice has always been set to King. Today when I logged in to make our final cruise payment due now, the bedding had oddly switched to Twin. I am positive I did not make this switch.

It is not that big of a deal. An easy fix on the website to change it back to King. And even if they get it wrong, I know we can ask our steward to arrange the beds in our preferred configuration when we embark.

This happened on our Celebrity Alaska cruise, too. I am certain we chose twins for our kids' room, but it was set up to king when we embarked. They fixed it promptly when we asked.

Anyway, like I said, not a problem. Just wondering why the setting would change out of the blue on the Carnival website like that. Odd.

Either way, we are excited that our cruise is just 76 days away! I'll push the beds together myself as long as I am on a cruise! :)

For awhile there CCL had a glitch on their website that kept causing the bedding choice to change without anyone doing it. I ended up calling our PVP and he made a note some place else that we wanted a king so it didn't happen the day of the cruise. I haven't noticed it happening this time for our May 6th voyage, but I keep checking on a weekly basis.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the glitch rears its head whenever a payment is made (or some other change) and the bedding preference defaults to twin beds. I'd be curious to know if anyone who has chosen twin beds as their preference has ever had it "mysteriously" changed to king bed. If that has happened, there goes my theory.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the glitch rears its head whenever a payment is made (or some other change) and the bedding preference defaults to twin beds. I'd be curious to know if anyone who has chosen twin beds as their preference has ever had it "mysteriously" changed to king bed. If that has happened, there goes my theory.

I cruise solo and always choose twin because once I did it I liked the extra room to move around.

It will show Twin on my booking but the last two cruises the beds were set up as king when I boarded.

I just left it that way...LOL

I cruise solo and always choose twin because once I did it I liked the extra room to move around.

It will show Twin on my booking but the last two cruises the beds were set up as king when I boarded.

I just left it that way...LOL

Interesting. Well, you just shot my theory. :)

Same thing happened to me at final payment, with the added 'treat' of it removing my waitlist for early seating, which I have not been able to get back...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This happened to me. I had switched to early dining on our last cruise and it later was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've logged into My Cruise Manager any number of times over the past several months. Our bedding choice has always been set to King. Today when I logged in to make our final cruise payment due now, the bedding had oddly switched to Twin. I am positive I did not make this switch.

It is not that big of a deal. An easy fix on the website to change it back to King. And even if they get it wrong, I know we can ask our steward to arrange the beds in our preferred configuration when we embark.

This happened on our Celebrity Alaska cruise, too. I am certain we chose twins for our kids' room, but it was set up to king when we embarked. They fixed it promptly when we asked.

Anyway, like I said, not a problem. Just wondering why the setting would change out of the blue on the Carnival website like that. Odd.

Either way, we are excited that our cruise is just 76 days away! I'll push the beds together myself as long as I am on a cruise! :)

Mine changed a bunch of times during my last cruise reservation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my bed story. Book a interior on the Miracle a few years back with a group of friends. A friend of mine want to come so we agreed she would share my cabin. Went on line changed the king to a twin. Called my PVP three times he said the change has been made. And yes it was a king. Asked the steward to change the beds, it was never done. Had a story and a good laugh.

Just to be silly, I changed our friends' bed selection to twin a couple of times. They have changed it back to king both times. I just wanted to see if they say anything about it when we get together for the cruise.

Just to be silly, I changed our friends' bed selection to twin a couple of times. They have changed it back to king both times. I just wanted to see if they say anything about it when we get together for the cruise.

And people wonder/complain about cabin steward staffing levels......

Nothing like adding to their work load "just to be silly". ...

Well, puppy, if you must know, my plan was to log in prior to sailing to change it back. It may not have been clear, but I wasn't meaning to see if they said anything when they saw the bed when we boarded. We are meeting the night before & I meant to see if they say anything about it changing online. However, since they have already changed it back themselves you don't have to worry about a steward being overworked. I would never do that to a steward, anyway. Their job is difficult enough as it is. That's why we always keep our cabin neatly picked up - so they can get in & do what they need to do without a bunch of stuff strewn around.