Honest post-cruise survey?

+1.

No sense in not being accurate. Crap is crap, and excellence is a very high standard. Do the math and use the 0-10 to rank your satisfaction with accuracy.

We had an absolute horrid experience on a recent cruise on Royals sister cruise line, to the point speaking on a number of occations with a very senior officer, the hotel director, and provided a written feed back on our experience , as my work business is a customer service focused industry. My hope was to give the, honest input to both the reasonable and more often the not so reasonable service. No response from the HD, even when I invited to communicate during and after our vacation. Guess we will place our consumer dollars where we are valued.

Be accurate in the survey. Only way to at least hope for small improvements.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I've had people request that *if their service was good* to give them a 10.

This is because anything below a 10 is a failing grade in RCCL-world. And while I agree that RCCL is being beyond idiotic to take this approach, I also understand that when your job is on the line, whether your boss is being stupid or not is immaterial when you're trying not to get fired.

I do understand the need to tell customers that a 9 is considered a negative evaluation because otherwise, plenty of people would be giving 8's and 9's, not realizing that they might as well be giving 1's.

I am a nurse & it is the same thing. Unless you receive the highest grade, it is not good enough.

The MDR was the only place they tried to constantly upsell me, took 8 days to produce a kids menu, and then gave me the speech for 10's (each a different server). The service itself was decent, nothing incorrect on the orders, I don't necessarily want or need waitstaff to be fake sweet to me asking about my day or anything, but it's just "average" service brought down by the selling. At best I'd rate it a 8, which to me is "very good"

Can someone tell me why it takes 50 minutes to receive breakfast when you order the 2 egg classic w bacon and toast? Or why that would deserve a 10?

The MDR "ain't where it's at" anymore.

My entire extended and immediate family has spent at least some, if not extensive time working in the car sales industry. Those manufacturers surveys you get directly influenced your salesperson's income, this also goes for service advisors as well as other associate in the dealership. Knowing that someone compensation is tied directly to the survey results sways me to blindly give all 10s. In most cases when you go out to eat, even if service was sub par you tip SOMETHING, right? As someone stated here, a "9" is seen as a failing grade, this is true. I can see why it is important to make sure clients know this because most of us would assume "8" or "9" are high marks.Why not give them their 10s, it costs you nothing and likely gets them paid.

My husband just quit cars sales last year. They indeed had bonuses tied up to their reviews grades. You had to stay “green” (above 95% of Customer Satisfaction Index) to get bonus.

He mostly stayed above, but never ever would he think of asking customer to give him a nice review...

We were lucky to always have good waiters, but room stewards lately keep forgetting to refill shampoo. Pretty annoying to ask every time. That stuff isn’t great to start with.

Funny thing one of these “forgetful” stewards kept putting tips envelope on visible place 4-5 times... not even funny.

Sorry but I'm not taking the time to tell every individual who provides me with service that they were an 8 or 9 and they need to step up their game to be 10.

If everyone was completely honest on these Royal would soon change how they viewed the results as they couldn't very well get rid of or reduce the pay of nearly every single worker.

No matter how well intentioned you think you are you are doing everyone a disservice by giving false 10's.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Not saying everyone but think it’s only fair if someone is serving you daily for a week you give them a chance.

I do tell me server or room attendant if there is something they can do to help me and my family.

Then again maybe we’ve just been really lucky. We are diamond members and been cruising for quite some time and never had any crazy issues all minor ones that were easily remedied with asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back and filled out the survey last night. We are ALWAYS honest. We had an amazing room steward and dining staff this trip. They got 10s. Last year, we had the worst dining staff ever and they not only did NOT get 10's but we even wrote specifically how bad they were on the survey.

We always work with 'do we care enough to share'. If it's a business I want to keep using, we care and share what needs to be improved. If it's one we never want to go back to, why bother.

Erika

OP, did we have the same waiter? I was on Jewel in February. The service was acceptable (most nights had to ask for a kid's menu, not overly friendly but they were very busy so didn't bother me). But every night at the end of the dinner, he asked how the service was. He never mentioned getting a good score on the survey, but did one night actually ask us to rate his service on a scale of 6-10! When I responded that he was doing fine, he said 'I need a score' and then proceeded to ask the rest of my family, including my 12 year old daughter! I was completely caught off guard and quite uncomfortable and definitely said so in my survey. They do have space to elaborate with comments. While I have had more attentive, more personable servers on other cruises, that wouldn't have been enough for me to give a lower score given how busy they were. But asking me to rate him on a number scale is too much.

We are just off Allure. Had a fantastic week but our main dining room experience was not nearly as good as it has been in the past. Candidly, our waiter was not great. With all the reminders to give 10s (including a number from the waiter himself), I’m conflicted.

I’m wondering how honest people are in their post-cruise surveys.

I am not honest in post cruise review because I work for a company who lives by customer surveys and requires a perfect ten out of ten score on every review or a meeting with the manager is required. To me a perfect ten means we did everything right and we have no room for improvement, which management knows is not the case. Expecting a perfect score always is silly, but that does not stop them. We are forced to look at employees and ask, can you explain why you got a nine on this survey? Please make sure to completely omit the fact that we have cut staff by three quarters in the last year in your response.

When I complete the surveys now, I only list serious problems and in some cases put a ten and a note or a nine and a note. Sadly corporations are fine that their numbers are skewed. They do not want real feedback, just good feedback.