Honeymoon cruise changed - jumping over to Carnival - but which ship?

I had the NCL Dawn 10 day Southern out of San Juan booked for our honeymoon cruise this coming December.

My primary reason for booking was all of the smaller islands I have not been to. They changed itinerary today to ABC islands which I did last year and now I am not as thrilled.

I am thinking I want to go on a newer Carnival ship and do not mind flying to the port if it is worth it. At this point I cannot find the itinerary I want, so I think I will cruise more for the ship. I have an OV on my current cruise but looking at OV-Balcony on Carnival as I can get more for my money.

1. Fascination is doing a similar itinerary out of San Juan but I am debating the ship since it is much older. It would be $1200 cheaper than my current cruise. Cruising to St Maarten, St Kitts, St Thomas, St Lucia and Barbados. I have not been to 3 of those ports.
  2. Horizon out of Miami is new and I would love a Cove Balcony. It is almost $1500 cheaper than my San Juan cruise. Cruising to Ocho Rios, Cozumel and Grand Cayman - been to these several times
  3. Magic out of Miami Cove Balcony is $1400 cheaper and cruising to Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Cozumel and Belize

Which would you choose?

If you are cruising for the ship, then Magic or Horizon. Also, for a honeymoon, I would gravitate to one of those because it will be a more relaxing, romantic trip. Plus you have some upscale dinner options like Steakhouse which is a great first night dinner to kick things off.

The Fascination island hopper was great but we were on the go all the time visiting all the stops (3 were new for us and we did all day adventures in each) and came back much less relaxed than on past cruises. We had tons of fun, but I would save that for another vacation.

Magic, the private island might be romantic at Mahogany Bay. I go to Belize to pick up sleep drugs, that Belize is the only port that sells them, so Belize is almost always my pick. (though this year i want the oct partial panama transit which goes to some places I have not been).

but of those choices, id do magic.

I had the NCL Dawn 10 day Southern out of San Juan booked for our honeymoon cruise this coming December.

My primary reason for booking was all of the smaller islands I have not been to. They changed itinerary today to ABC islands which I did last year and now I am not as thrilled.

I am thinking I want to go on a newer Carnival ship and do not mind flying to the port if it is worth it. At this point I cannot find the itinerary I want, so I think I will cruise more for the ship. I have an OV on my current cruise but looking at OV-Balcony on Carnival as I can get more for my money.

2. Fascination is doing a similar itinerary out of San Juan but I am debating the ship since it is much older. It would be $1200 cheaper than my current cruise. Cruising to St Maarten, St Kitts, St Thomas, St Lucia and Barbados. I have not been to 3 of those ports.

3. Horizon out of Miami is new and I would love a Cove Balcony. It is almost $1500 cheaper than my San Juan cruise. Cruising to Ocho Rios, Cozumel and Grand Cayman - been to these several times

4. Magic out of Miami Cove Balcony is $1400 cheaper and cruising to Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Cozumel and Belize

Which would you choose?

I like the Fascination itinerary best, but I wouldn’t choose that ship. I’d want a newer ship. I’m booked on the Breeze for 2019, and Magic for 2020, and that’s about as old as I’d go for a Carnival ship. So, with that said, for you, go with the Magic out of Miami. That’s the better ship and itinerary. I’d love to cruise the newest ship, the Horizon, but I dislike Jamaica as a port. If choosing solely for the ship, go Horizon, but if the itinerary is important, I’d go with Magic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you like sea days? With Fascination you can get zero or one sea days. I would rather be out exploring during the day but others prefer sea days. What sort of activity do you prefer?

I also like the older and smaller ships, but that's also a personal preference. If you happen to like sea days, you may be happier with more "things to do" aboard a newer ship.

Do you like sea days? With Fascination you can get zero or one sea days. I would rather be out exploring during the day but others prefer sea days. What sort of activity do you prefer?

I also like the older and smaller ships, but that's also a personal preference. If you happen to like sea days, you may be happier with more "things to do" aboard a newer ship.

I usually cruise for ports and spend all of my time out on the various stops. I do not mind sea days but I cruise to socialize, relax and explore. This is our honeymoon - we are getting married during our Conquest cruise on Grand Turk with 50 guests, which was chosen specifically for the ports.

I want to be able to do Chef's Table, specialty restaurants and just enjoy the free time. (We have a blended 6 kids)

I really wanted to Caribbean islands but now that it seems like a waste - thinking I want to cruise for the ship and amenities.

I have sailed the Breeze and Magic multiple times. I actually sailed the Magic in November over Veterans day and then again over Christmas. I love her. And I just did a 5 night on the Ecstasy (sister ship to Fascination) over Spring Break. For the money we paid for a balcony cabin it was SO small! The smaller ship itself was fine since it was myself, my bff and we both took our youngest sons who just turned 7 years old. I would only sail her again if the itinerary was something I couldn’t pass up!

So I would definitely vote for the Magic. You will have 2 specialty restaurants, a lot more to do, better cabins......even though we all have been to these islands a lot there are always new things to do or old favorites to fall back on. Plus it is your honeymoon so I would definitely go with Magic......or the Horizon. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually cruise for ports and spend all of my time out on the various stops. I do not mind sea days but I cruise to socialize, relax and explore. This is our honeymoon - we are getting married during our Conquest cruise on Grand Turk with 50 guests, which was chosen specifically for the ports.

I want to be able to do Chef's Table, specialty restaurants and just enjoy the free time. (We have a blended 6 kids)

I really wanted to Caribbean islands but now that it seems like a waste - thinking I want to cruise for the ship and amenities.

Write off Fascination. It sails port intensive itineraries. With three new ports to explore it offers lots of opportunity to develop shared experiences. The recent refurbishment has added a number of new dining venues. San Juan is a great place to spend a few days exploring the old city.

Write off Fascination. It sails port intensive itineraries. With three new ports to explore it offers lots of opportunity to develop shared experiences. The recent refurbishment has added a number of new dining venues. San Juan is a great place to spend a few days exploring the old city.

Oops! Meant to write "Don't write off . . ."