Disappointing Notification About Eurodam May 7th

ceilidh1

Uhh... Hair-split time. I know he wrote "dry dock", but I'm not sure he was making

the distinction. Just like I'll say "Kleenex™" and hand you a "generic facial tissue".

In this case, it makes a difference in knowing the Azipods were torn down.

Haboob, Are you familiar with the poster, Copper 10-8? He is Security Officer for HAL and has been for years. His infomation is well known here to be highly accurate.

Haboob, Are you familiar with the poster, Copper 10-8? He is Security Officer for HAL and has been for years. His infomation is well known here to be highly accurate.

I did not know this. Some of the cruise lines have restrictions regarding current employees participating on Cruise Critic; I guess not so with HAL.

I am taking my first HAL cruise on May 7th, just to see if the line is something we would enjoy. It's only a 1 night from Vancouver to Seattle on Eurodam, but really want to check out the ship and see how it compares to Princess. I just received this notification:

Please be advised that for operational reasons Eurodam's arrival into Vancouver

on May 7, 2018 will be delayed. Consequently, embarkation for our May 7 sailing

will begin at 5:00pm, with departure shortly thereafter. Guests are welcome to

drop off their luggage any time after 10:00am and enjoy downtown Vancouver.

An onboard credit of $15 per person will be posted to your shipboard account to

offset the cost of lunch shore-side. We apologize for any inconvenience and

look forward to welcoming you on board.

I now things can't be avoided sometimes, but considering this is only one night it has really turned into a waste of time...

Sorry to hear your 1 night cruise is being shortened. I hope you'll come back and share your experience with us because I'm sure others would enjoy reading your perspective.

Well known for that here, too. I've linked his post on the plans for the 2018 work

on Eurodam several times.

I didn't know, however, exactly how he was connected to HAL, thanks for that info.

What I didn't (and still don't) know was the precision with which he was choosing

his words in that post, and was therefore unwilling to draw any firm conclusions

about Azipod work from it.

As upthread, if I ask for a "Kleenex™", I'm really asking for a facial tissue of any

kind. ;)

Well known for that here, too. I've linked his post on the plans for the 2018 work

on Eurodam several times.

What do you meanby well known , here too?

I didn't know, however, exactly how he was connected to HAL, thanks for that info.

What I didn't (and still don't) know was the precision with which he was choosing

his words in that post, and was therefore unwilling to draw any firm conclusions

about Azipod work from it.

As upthread, if I ask for a "Kleenex™", I'm really asking for a facial tissue of any

kind. ;)

What do you meanby well known , here too?

Here. Me. I've been impressed by the accuracy of what he's said about things I

already knew to trust him on what he says about things I don't already know.

What I didn't (and still don't) know was the precision with which he was choosing his words in that post.

As I mentioned earlier (don't know if you saw it), given Copper 10-8's background and experience, and being familiar with his attention to detail, I have no doubt that he was making the distinction and meant exactly what he said.

He certainly knows the difference between 'wet' and 'dry' dock.