NCL Epic Transatlantic

seanandstefIRL

I was on this cruise and i thought it was a very nice trip didn't see all the issues mentioned above yes you always have some things you don't like but nothing worth bashing all in all i would do the same trip again!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Us too, we had a fab time! One of the best crossings we have had in years :) (Epic twice before) - Getaway, Celebrity etc many times... This was a fab crossing with unbelievable weather - so beautiful and so fortunate! We were also in a spa room on deck 14 (there as a little noise from above but nothing that bothered us) - we used the spa twice this trip ...twice :eek: ... weather was so lovely we didn't feel the need to use the spa. Thought the crew were great, food, exceptional - and service top notch.

Loved every minute of our trip this time..To be honest we went with fairly low expectations as last November's Epic crossing was a tad disappointing.. This one - pleasantly surprised.

Thumbs up from this corner :)

Glad to see anyone who had a very nice trip (that is, after all, the idea of a trip away). You will have to let us know how you avoided the lines.

Sorry I bashed your cruise. Maybe our needs are a little different. On a cruise, especially a crossing, we like to have a nice, relaxing time. Noisy, loud pax are just not our cup of tea. Not that our way is better than theirs, just not for us. That is why we never, ever sail the Caribbean.

And, honestly, we have dozens and dozens of cruises where we had absolutely nothing we didn't like, so that isn't true. Have never, in our 70+ sailings, complained once about a trip. Maybe that indicates how very different this one was from our experience, which may vary from yours. Wasn't even going to say anything (even though we talked to people who had exactly the same experience as us) until I saw that someone else brought up the same issues and didn't want them to feel like the Lone Ranger and face the cheerleaders.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Glad to see anyone who had a very nice trip (that is, after all, the idea of a trip away). You will have to let us know how you avoided the lines.

Sorry I bashed your cruise. Maybe our needs are a little different. On a cruise, especially a crossing, we like to have a nice, relaxing time. Noisy, loud pax are just not our cup of tea. Not that our way is better than theirs, just not for us. That is why we never, ever sail the Caribbean.

And, honestly, we have dozens and dozens of cruises where we had absolutely nothing we didn't like, so that isn't true. Have never, in our 70+ sailings, complained once about a trip. Maybe that indicates how very different this one was from our experience, which may vary from yours. Wasn't even going to say anything (even though we talked to people who had exactly the same experience as us) until I saw that someone else brought up the same issues and didn't want them to feel like the Lone Ranger and face the cheerleaders.

Thanks for that. I expected a few opposite opinions to surface as there were many people clearly "enjoying" the cruise, one such made a spectacle of himself one evening harassing Aldo while he was singing on deck 7 and culminating with f'ing and verbally abusing his wife/partner and others. Security were called and just watched him. Like most people we left rather than chance being next to another outburst.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

another person who was on this sailing and enjoyed it

lines-yes I saw several but managed to avoid and found somewhere quieter

used stairs as much as possible-even my husband who has walking difficulties

spent most time in Cavern club listening to 4 blue and always found a seat

svoided Epic Beatles show in there and the theatre as we're not fans of the originals

Priscilla I prebooked and walked in 30 minutes before to get a good seat

weather was beautiful for most of crossing and found plenty of sun loungers on deck 18 accessed by the left hand side glass elevator in Great Outdoors

seemed like most of the ship didn't know about that public space which also had padded loungers

worst lines were on disembarkation when stood for 30 minutes waiting to get off ship

That was because immigration officers were checking all passports in terminal and was causing backlog so they suspended disembarkation

noise-we had a quiet cabin deck 10 with cabins above and below.Only noise issue was neighbours occasionally came out onto their balcony talking loudly

• 4 weeks later...
Us too, we had a fab time! One of the best crossings we have had in years :) (Epic twice before) -

To be honest we went with fairly low expectations as last November's Epic crossing was a tad disappointing.. This one - pleasantly surprised.

Thumbs up from this corner :)

I am looking at the Nov 2019 TA cruise from Barcelona to San Juan ... can you tell me why you were disappointed in your November crossing?