Flights by Celebrity - questions

msmayor

I haven't seen answers to these questions and I don't see that I can call until Monday, so thought I'd ask here...

- Can you make your seat selections when booking air through Celebrity?

- Are you given the information needed to check in at the appropriate time for your flight on your own?

Specifically, I'm looking to Flights by Celebrity for the one-way ticket we need to fly home from Puerto Rico after the Summit repo in October. The price is substantially less through Celebrity than buying direct with American Airlines, so I'll happily take the savings.

I started to book the flight on line but the website was wonky and I didn't see an option to pick seats (I may not have been able to get that far in the process).

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, you can choose your seat. I just booked a flight to Ft Lauderdale through Celebrity Air last week and had the same questions so I called. We had a language barrier, clearly not a US call center, but she "thought" we could choose our seats and assured me there was a 24 hour cancellation policy so I thought "what the heck" I'm game since the Delta flight was a bit cheaper than even the basic economy. When you complete your booking go to the airline's site and enter your locator number (provided on your booking confirmation) to bring up your reservation and you can then select your seat. Easy. Also, if you have frequent flyer number or Known Traveler number you will need to enter them on the airline site.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Edited by NemoCrownie

Yes you can select your seat & check in. Once you book ask for your booking locator number then log on the the airlines website, select your seats and your good to go. We use Choice Air frequently and have had flights change times/ cancelled and are always notified by the airline directly before CA. It is like booking with Expedia or Travelocity.

They sent us our booking locator number and we picked our seats on our flights to and from Rome.

All that said, you need to pay attention to your reservation and watch it. American Airlines changed our flight schedule twice since we booked, and changed our seats to the last row of the economy cabin (we booked business). I was able to go in and select new seats, but the airline didn't notify me of the change because I booked through an outside agent (ie. Celebrity ChoiceAir). The airline (American) told me that they notify my travel agent who is supposed to notify me. That part didn't happen, so I just keep checking every week or two to make sure all is still right in the world.

I am providing some confusion with my reply, so I apologize. Generally, you can select seats after purchasing tickets. My son was able to select three seats out of four flights (two legs each way). The fourth flight, different airline, didn't allow seat selection yet, based on the ticket class. So, check the ticket class. I have used Celebrity Air on my two previous X cruises and for the upcoming one.

UPDATE: I just saw previous post after I hit save. I had flight change impact my return flight from Med. Needed to reroute the entire return trip. Celebrity Air "offered" a set of flights that were longer than the ones I had originally booked. Not sure what the price differences between the "offered" flights and my selection, but in any case, the schedule change to the new flights were at no cost and no price change since it was an airline "forced" change. Went from 3:30 layover at ORD to 0:30, which wasn't going to happen, even if I wasn't going through customs.

On the two times I have booked with Celebrity Air, they could not make seat assignments for me. I had to contact the airlines directly, and was able to get seat assignments with the airline. Celebrity Air did not send me any information about check in, but the airline did. Celebrity Air also did not contact me when one of the flights was changed by the airline. I found out from the airline when I was checked my reservation online with the airline.

Whether or not you can book seats has to do with the rules attached to your ticket (and sometimes status with the airline) not who you purchase the ticket from. Discounted tickets sometimes come with more restrictions than higher priced tickets. Once you purchase the ticket, you would select seats (if permitted) via the airline, not through Celebrity.

A few days after our TA booked our air thru Celebrity, she was able to go in and select our seats as we requested...

If booked through a TA, does the TA have to make the Celebrity air arrangements or can I do that myself online? Thanks

If booked through a TA, does the TA have to make the Celebrity air arrangements or can I do that myself online? Thanks
You can do them yourself. Log into your reservation and click on Travel Arrangements." Easy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

OMG maybe I am looking at this too far out but ChoiceAir is offering me truly awful choices for an AKL-FLL flight on 4/1/19...

$1094 one way, 2 stops and 30 hours argh!

Google flights found a 1 stop, 24h (6h lay-over in SFO) and $560 !

No real difference for return flights - just double the price.

Working by hand I was able to get an even better 1 stop route through IAH...

OMG maybe I am looking at this too far out but ChoiceAir is offering me truly awful choices for an AKL-FLL flight on 4/1/19...

$1094 one way, 2 stops and 30 hours argh!

Google flights found a 1 stop, 24h (6h lay-over in SFO) and $560 !

No real difference for return flights - just double the price.

Working by hand I was able to get an even better 1 stop route through IAH...

ChoiceAir is just a TA but they only offer flights on certain airlines. One always should check ChoiceAir vs other TA's and the airlines themselves. There are many widely used airline booking sites on the web....orbitz, kayak, hipmunk (and many others we can't mention here due to rules)...and some airlines don't sell through any of those sites.

The one place you almost always find ChoiceAir less expensive is on one way tickets to/from Europe on major airlines...but if you are shopping price, you may find that airlines like WOW are even less expensive, albeit with an extra stop somewhere.

Travel planning can be almost a full time job these days...

ChoiceAir is just a TA but they only offer flights on certain airlines. One always should check ChoiceAir vs other TA's and the airlines themselves. There are many widely used airline booking sites on the web....orbitz, kayak, hipmunk (and many others we can't mention here due to rules)...and some airlines don't sell through any of those sites.

The one place you almost always find ChoiceAir less expensive is on one way tickets to/from Europe on major airlines...but if you are shopping price, you may find that airlines like WOW are even less expensive, albeit with an extra stop somewhere.

Travel planning can be almost a full time job these days...

Aint that the truth! CA did offer flights on United, which had the best deals on other sources.

It knew about the brand new AKL-ORD route which hasn't even started flying yet, so seems to be up to date. But it put up strange stop overs which make the trip longer and more expensive than necessary.

I am pretty sure I was searching too far out and most of the airlines haven't published fares for that date. If I bring the date back a few months I get far better options, including a 1-stop for $750 and a multi stop death march for $500.

Still seems to be cheaper to book two one ways rather than a round trip.