Laundry question?

Number34

Hii, have been travelling for 10 days and, although having managed to hand wash some clothes, we have accumulated quite a bit of laundry. We are boarding Westerdam tomorrow and have unlimited laundry as we are in a Neptune. Question is how soon can we ask for it to be done once we have access to our suite?

Edited by Number34
typo

Hii, have been travelling for 10 days and, although having managed to hand wash some clothes, we have accumulated quite a bit of laundry. We are boarding Westerdam tomorrow and have unlimited laundry as we are in a Neptune. Question is how soon can we ask for it to be done once we have access to our suite?
As soon as you unpack!

The blue laundry bag will be in the cupboard under the safe near the shoe-shine brush - just fill out the form, pop it in the bag with your washing and leave the bag on your bed.

When the stewards come to turn down in the evening they will pick up your washing!

Lovely clean laundry - usually in 24 hours!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

When we have been in a Neptune, the steward(s) have come by to introduce themselves almost immediately after we arrive. We let them know we need laundry (and sometimes dry cleaning) done that day, and they have usually taken it away before evening turn-down.

I’m glad someone asked this question because I was going to. I pack plenty of clothes but usually do laundry at some point on any trip since I like to change for the evening, even if it’s just a change of shirt. It’s easier to pack 14 days worth of outfits and do laundry than to double up and wait until we get home. Also, 1 suitcase per person is easier to handle on trains, planes, ships etc than 2 per person.

As we’re also in a Neptune for our cruise I was thinking of saving the week’s worth of laundry until we embark rather than pay what will inevitably be CAD $150 (excluding our smalls) at our hotel.

We had been on a 7 day cruise on a Princess ship and then got on a HAL ship for a 14 day B2B. So we arrived on the HAL ship with a whole lot of dirty clothes. We asked our cabin steward for a laundry bag and when she saw how much we had, she brought us a big white bag. We sent that out soon after boarding on the first day and I think it came back the next morning. We were not in a Neptune suite so we signed up for the unlimited laundry at $7 per day for the entire cruise. Well worth it in our opinion.

Since that time we have done unlimited laundry on a few cruises and also done the stuff a bag for $20. We have always been happy with the service and the results.

After our next cruise we will be 4* and get free laundry!! Looking forward to it. :D

I’m glad someone asked this question because I was going to. I pack plenty of clothes but usually do laundry at some point on any trip since I like to change for the evening, even if it’s just a change of shirt. It’s easier to pack 14 days worth of outfits and do laundry than to double up and wait until we get home. Also, 1 suitcase per person is easier to handle on trains, planes, ships etc than 2 per person.

As we’re also in a Neptune for our cruise I was thinking of saving the week’s worth of laundry until we embark rather than pay what will inevitably be CAD $150 (excluding our smalls) at our hotel.

We usually arrive at the ship with laundry, too. We send out a bag the day we embark, whether we are paying by the bag, or have purchased "unlimited laundry", or are in a Neptune. It makes life easier (y) :)