What to do immediately upon boarding?

Lilygraduation

We go directly to our cabin and drop off our carryons. :)

I got a good laugh out of your post...When I first looked at it - I could have sworn it said "Go directly to ur cabin and drop off our crayons" :D

Gave me a good laugh when I realized you typed carryons........ :D

I understand that you can book specific days in the Sanctuary upon boarding, now.

We will in line at the Port early, and go up there as fast as possible, on our next cruise!

I am so very much hoping that there will be good availability.

We have never done the Sanctuary, but this is def. on my list for this next cruise.

We are hoping to make it about 'cruising', going all out, Sanctuary for a couple days, we have the Bev. Package as a perk.

Relax, eat, drink, and enjoy!!!

Here’s my 2 cents worth. I first go to my stateroom, assuming it’s ready, drop off any carryons. Then at 12 noon I head to the MDR for a nice relaxing lunch. Remember the staff onboard will direct you to the buffet as if they aren’t aware of the MDR being opened for lunch.

The chiefs dinner must be reserved onboard. I would suggest, since the dine line can be difficult to reach, to go to the passengers service desk to see about putting your name on the list. Remember it’s limited to 12 people & is well worth it. It’s a meal where the executive chief can show there creative skills with things you’ll never have a chance to see elsewhere on the ship. The food melts in your mouth.

Another tip.....Check to see what time ships usually boards at your departure port. I noticed in San Pedro, Ca, when I arrived around 11 am, they had already started boarding where as in San Francisco the General Boarding is usually around 12 noon. Perhaps in San Pedro it’s because they have 2 boarding ramps unlike only 1 in San Francisco.

Yes if they have Alfredo’s Pizza 🍕 I might substitute that for the MDR.

Tom😎

If you like wine, the Regal has a very nice wine dinner. I think it was $40 and included a cocktail and wine pairings with dinner. I think we were a group of 12-14 and had a good time!

Curious....Was this a dinner prepared by the Executive Chief?

Tom😎

Go to your cabin and read the patter. On our cruise there were two specials only good for that day. One was the internet 200 minutes plus additional 40 minutes for $99 (same price if you ordered in advance) Second - Crown Grill - buy one dinner and get one free. Good Deal

We finally took the Ultimate Ship's Tour in February on the Regal and enjoyed it a lot. Thankfully we had a lot of onboard credit that covered the cost. I made the mistake of going to the passenger services desk after we ate lunch. We ended up on the waitlist. Fortunately, they had enough people to do two groups. We were in the second group, which was nice since we could linger a little longer on the bridge at the end of the tour.

I tried to sign up for the UST on a previous cruise--but it was not offered that time. It was the first time we drove to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. You'll definitely need room in your luggage to pack the stuff you get after the tour. Thank goodness we drove down in February so that we did not have to worry about overweight luggage.

What kind of swag do you get on the UST?

We eagerly find our cabin, drop off hand luggage, place valuables in safe, go to Diningroom for lunch (if we embark in time and to avoid crowds at Buffet) and get that nice cold adult beverage! :cool:

What kind of swag do you get on the UST?

Here’s what I got a few years ago.

We all received photos from each station we went to as you’re not allowed to take any photos. Also received the bath robe like you have in your stateroom & I believe a signed copy of the Princess Cookbook.

At the bridge there was Hors d'oeuvres plus champagne.

Any excellent tour as you get to see areas you couldn’t normally go to on your own. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Tom😎

I really enjoy having my first lunch be a "served" lunch in one of the Main Dining Rooms (MDR). You may have to press staff a bit to find out which one is open, since they all want to direct you to the buffet. On one voyage I did find the restaurant, only to be turned away because they said this was only open to those doing the Bon Voyage Experience, or suite passengers.

On a recent Bon Voyage Experience on the Grand Princess I asked the Maitre D if the restaurant was open to any passenger for the embarkation day lunch, and he said it was - so it could be hit or miss as to whether or not you can get a served lunch on the first day.