Upgraded from Ocean View Balcony to Crown Loft Suite - Allure of the Seas

Hi guys,

I believe this is my first post here. I started cruising when I was 12 years old. Since then its been non-stop. I'm obsessed with cruising, up to the point where my friends tells me I'm crazy, but I don't care, is my passion and I really boats and big ships. So far I've been in 8 cruises (I'm 29). Being the last one where my wife and I got spoiled from upgrading to a Junior Suite in the Adventure of the Seas.

Enough about the past, let's talk about my May booking on the Allure of the Seas. We originally booked an Ocean View Balcony, for $2,400 including gratuities in total for the both of us. Not bad, not a bargain either. I requested to be waitlisted on a Junior Suite (non available at the time of booking last January). Right after I paid off the cruise on February, I received an email notifying me that a Junior Suite was available for a modest $2,000 upgrade fee for both of us. I said no thanks. Next month I gave a call to see if the upgrade fee dropped (typically tends to happen), and it did, but to $1,600 for both of us. No thanks again. And finally on April, when I called again the price dropped to $1,000 for both of us, now it was a deal, so we got us into a Junior Suite Guarantee for $3,400 in total for both of us including taxes and gratuities. About 24 hours later, luckily we got our Junior Suite assigned (what, you thought I was going to get the Crown Loft Suite now? I wish), it was on deck 7, center, and near the elevators, not bad. Nevertheless, I was obsessed with the Crown Loft Suite. This was more of a wish, the price point was at $7,000 for both us (total fare including gratuities). So I kept verifying almost daily for a miracle price drop to happen, and this is the craziest part and probably the most unbelievable because I don't know if it has ever happened to any of you before. One day, I noticed that the price for the CLS dropped to the level where it was the same as a GS. So it dropped to $1,899 per person, for a total of more or less $4,000 for both. At first, I thought it was an error, so I immediately called RC to verify if what I was seeing was truth, and it was. During the first call, I got a no from the representative, telling me that it was a fare for new bookings. If I wanted the upgrade, it was for almost $5,000 in difference. He offered me the option of cancelling my booking and rebooking again, but the price difference was crazy. So I hung up. An hour later I verified the website and the fare I saw before was still there, I decided to try again, this time, by providing the stateroom number that I was trying to book while using the booking tool, you're right, got the same answer as before. Called a third time, and after half hour in the phone, and multiple hold times, I was able to book the deal! So yes!!! we got the CLS for $4,000 total for the both of us! Can you believe that? My wife and I are really excited about this upgrade and we are totally looking forward to get on the ship.

Have this happened to any of you before?

Great deal- If you mean has this ever happened where you have to make multiple calls to get the resolution that you want yestit happens quite a bit. It is commonly known on here that if you don't get the answer that you want on the first phone call, try try again!!!

Hi guys,

I believe this is my first post here. I started cruising when I was 12 years old. Since then its been non-stop. I'm obsessed with cruising, up to the point where my friends tells me I'm crazy, but I don't care, is my passion and I really boats and big ships. So far I've been in 8 cruises (I'm 29). Being the last one where my wife and I got spoiled from upgrading to a Junior Suite in the Adventure of the Seas.

Enough about the past, let's talk about my May booking on the Allure of the Seas. We originally booked an Ocean View Balcony, for $2,400 including gratuities in total for the both of us. Not bad, not a bargain either. I requested to be waitlisted on a Junior Suite (non available at the time of booking last January). Right after I paid off the cruise on February, I received an email notifying me that a Junior Suite was available for a modest $2,000 upgrade fee for both of us. I said no thanks. Next month I gave a call to see if the upgrade fee dropped (typically tends to happen), and it did, but to $1,600 for both of us. No thanks again. And finally on April, when I called again the price dropped to $1,000 for both of us, now it was a deal, so we got us into a Junior Suite Guarantee for $3,400 in total for both of us including taxes and gratuities. About 24 hours later, luckily we got our Junior Suite assigned (what, you thought I was going to get the Crown Loft Suite now? I wish), it was on deck 7, center, and near the elevators, not bad. Nevertheless, I was obsessed with the Crown Loft Suite. This was more of a wish, the price point was at $7,000 for both us (total fare including gratuities). So I kept verifying almost daily for a miracle price drop to happen, and this is the craziest part and probably the most unbelievable because I don't know if it has ever happened to any of you before. One day, I noticed that the price for the CLS dropped to the level where it was the same as a GS. So it dropped to $1,899 per person, for a total of more or less $4,000 for both. At first, I thought it was an error, so I immediately called RC to verify if what I was seeing was truth, and it was. During the first call, I got a no from the representative, telling me that it was a fare for new bookings. If I wanted the upgrade, it was for almost $5,000 in difference. He offered me the option of cancelling my booking and rebooking again, but the price difference was crazy. So I hung up. An hour later I verified the website and the fare I saw before was still there, I decided to try again, this time, by providing the stateroom number that I was trying to book while using the booking tool, you're right, got the same answer as before. Called a third time, and after half hour in the phone, and multiple hold times, I was able to book the deal! So yes!!! we got the CLS for $4,000 total for the both of us! Can you believe that? My wife and I are really excited about this upgrade and we are totally looking forward to get on the ship.

Have this happened to any of you before?

That's fantastic! I'm thinking you used that winning combination of persistence and politeness. I can really identify with how pleased with yourself you feel. You worked for it!