Just venting!!

CatsareCool

I am in total agreement as far as the shorter cruises with one small caviat related to the way I made Elite. I made it by spending $$$$ on primarily longer cruises in full suites. I was scheduled to make it 2 days shy of 150 due to the double full suite points. I got a bonus when we boarded our Elite qualifying cruise when I discovered we were early upgraded at the beginning instead of the end of the cruise......:):):)

Bob

Speaking of extra credits for suites, we did a few sailings in suites back before they counted as 2 credits. Never occurred to me to be bothered that friends or anyone else got 2 credits later on and made it to elite that way.

Wish I could have done it on longer cruises like you! One day perhaps.

Speaking of extra credits for suites, we did a few sailings in suites back before they counted as 2 credits. Never occurred to me to be bothered that friends or anyone else got 2 credits later on and made it to elite that way.

Wish I could have done it on longer cruises like you! One day perhaps.

Yep. Me too. My suite cruising was back before the double credits. No whining from me on fairness.

Yep. Me too. My suite cruising was back before the double credits. No whining from me on fairness.

Same here, no double credit for us either back in the day.

Those who like to complain about people making Elite based on the number of cruises - actually cruise credits - rather than by number of days sailed need to realize that Princess used to only use that method and added on the "number of days" method later. Number of days didn't use to count at all. A 9,000 day cruise (obviously made up but serves to make a point) would have counted as one cruise toward Elite. The number of days wasn't considered at all.

I just don't get all the angst. I feel absolutely blessed that I am able to cruise. I never would have thought it was something even vaguely possible in my life. We were't destitute when I was young but we were what is commonly called "poor". I really can't find it in me to worry about how someone else makes their status level with Princess or worry about the fact that I will never sail in a suite unless I buy a lottery ticket that happens to win big. So what? I get to cruise!!! It still boggles my mind. People should be grateful they have that ability whether they sail in the cheapest inside cabin or in the most expensive suite. So many will never get to experience cruising.

I feel absolutely blessed that I am able to cruise. I never would have thought it was something even vaguely possible in my life. We were't destitute when I was young but we were what is commonly called "poor". I really can't find it in me to worry about how someone else makes their status level with Princess or worry about the fact that I will never sail in a suite unless I buy a lottery ticket that happens to win big. So what? I get to cruise!!! It still boggles my mind. People should be grateful they have that ability whether they sail in the cheapest inside cabin or in the most expensive suite. So many will never get to experience cruising.

So true, so true. I agree completely. The only thing that bothers me is the Elite (or any other level for that matter) cruiser who is snobbish toward others. Those folks I wish were on some other ship. Fortunately, I find very few of those.

Tom

Those who like to complain about people making Elite based on the number of cruises - actually cruise credits - rather than by number of days sailed need to realize that Princess used to only use that method and added on the "number of days" method later. Number of days didn't use to count at all. A 9,000 day cruise (obviously made up but serves to make a point) would have counted as one cruise toward Elite. The number of days wasn't considered at all.

I just don't get all the angst. I feel absolutely blessed that I am able to cruise. I never would have thought it was something even vaguely possible in my life. We were't destitute when I was young but we were what is commonly called "poor". I really can't find it in me to worry about how someone else makes their status level with Princess or worry about the fact that I will never sail in a suite unless I buy a lottery ticket that happens to win big. So what? I get to cruise!!! It still boggles my mind. People should be grateful they have that ability whether they sail in the cheapest inside cabin or in the most expensive suite. So many will never get to experience cruising.

So true!

I’m happy to cruise when I can, I love cruising with my loved ones, and I invite my single friends to join my family whenever they can. It’s expensive to go solo, so it doesn’t happen often.

My feelings would be hurt if my “friend” was so unhappy I reached elite getting there on solo cruises.

I would be excited for my friend, on any cruise line and Would realize the sacrifice of double the cruise cost.

I too am buying lotto tickets in hopes to cruise in a suite someday! [emoji6] for now, we mostly cruise in inside cabins so we can cruise a few times a year. I love mini suites for the space but when it’s just me and my husband, we’ve proven it’s way too much room for us. My kids will only be little for so long. So I will enjoy our cramped space and stories as long as i can

Sent from my iPhone using Forums