Dumb Room Service Question

We just completed a Celebrity Silhouette transatlantic cruise on April 28, 2018. We had Room Service every morning and there was NO charge for this and all breakfast items were FREE. We were Concierge class and got an extended items menu, still no charge. We just tipped the attendant who delivered it. There is a small charge if you have room service from late at night to 5:30am. We had Room Service twice and no charge for that either. If you use the t.v. screen in your cabin it will show you which items have a fee. We only had a tip----no additional charge!

We just completed a Celebrity Silhouette transatlantic cruise on April 28, 2018. We had Room Service every morning and there was NO charge for this and all breakfast items were FREE. We were Concierge class and got an extended items menu, still no charge. We just tipped the attendant who delivered it. There is a small charge if you have room service from late at night to 5:30am. We had Room Service twice and no charge for that either. If you use the t.v. screen in your cabin it will show you which items have a fee. We only had a tip----no additional charge!

But that was not on Royal so your response is irrelevant to this topic.

RCCL & NCL Have this charge now.

MSc I think too, but they have different ways.

Other companies do not have cover charge.

So, their tip is $1.43???? Geeezzzzz I would tip much more than that. Anyway, I wasn't going to comment, but changed my mind after 2 glasses of wine. Unless I am sick, why would I want and PAY $8.00 plus tip for room service? There are many places to obtain food at no cost....

True. Depends on your sailing, but there is probably a small windows of time where room service is your only option. Otherwise, bring something down from the windjammer or one of the cafes and enjoy it on your balcony. Lots dot it. Just don't leave your empty dishes sitting out in the halls. They'll disappear next time your steward comes.

Tip: I don't believe that the windjammer has trays, so you'll have to bring your own when you go to grab something. A tray from a previous room service visit (breakfast) or your stateroom's coffee service. Just let your steward know that you want to hang on to it.