Anyone on board now can check?

Hoopster95

Hi everyone,

There's currently a very concerning and disgusting thread on the RCL forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2630115

I would love to hear from someone currently on board one of the O ships check this out perhaps in their cabin and report back on this thread. It would be extremely interesting to see if the upkeep in O is far superior (or not!!) than on a mass market lines.

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear from someone currently on board one of the O ships check this out perhaps in their cabin and report back on this thread. It would be extremely interesting to see if the upkeep in O is far superior (or not!!) than on a mass market lines.

No need to be on board right now to know the condition of the cabins and public spaces on Oceania. We have been on 12 Oceania cruises and have never seen anything like that. I have been on these boards for many years and have never seen any posts to show that kind of lack of upkeep. To even ask that kind of question is insulting to everyone in the crew of all 6 of their ships. Find someplace else to ask this kind of questions, not here. :(:(:(

Hi everyone,

You just did a great review of FP with wonderful pictures. what did you find? Ship looked spotless in those. I do not understand what you are looking for. I don't remember any negative posts on the condition of the ship in your blog. Lets not look for something that is not there. Oceania is not RCCL.

I don’t think there is any harm in asking. Who thinks to look at the vents when they get to their room? It can happen on any ship or in any hotel room. My first Oceania cruise I found underwear under the bed. On my last Oceania cruise I noticed the bottom drawer by the bed didn’t close. I stuck my hand down there and came up with another pair of underwear and a bag. So no, it’s not being thoroughly cleaned. Check the vents. One never knows.

I don’t think there is any harm in asking. Who thinks to look at the vents when they get to their room? It can happen on any ship or in any hotel room. My first Oceania cruise I found underwear under the bed. On my last Oceania cruise I noticed the bottom drawer by the bed didn’t close. I stuck my hand down there and came up with another pair of underwear and a bag. So no, it’s not being thoroughly cleaned. Check the vents. One never knows.

On one Princess cruise, I started running the water for the jacuzzi bathtub and was shocked when a bunch of mold was coming out of all the jets! Guess there weren't many people using the jets and they didn't get cleaned....yuck.

On another Princess cruise, we got to the cabin and found trashy bits all over the carpet, then dirty towels on the bathroom floor and unmade beds! Took awhile to find the steward, but he was surprised because another steward promised him he'd clean our cabin but obviously didn't. Things like this happen but heck, I'm on a cruise.....very blessed. :hearteyes:

No matter what cruise line we should all be aware of cleaning imperfections. The room sterwards/stewardesses are under pressure on turn around days to get the rooms ready. They work hard and they are tired and easy to overlook deep cleaning. They probably never notice the air vent either.

cannot say I ever checked the filters

the only time we had an issue with the air quality was on Marina when she was still brand new

The off gassing of the carpets or furniture cause DH eyes to swell up

The room steward would air out the room daily so after a few days it was not so bad

Yes sometimes the carpets have spill marks but we just mention it in the cruise comments

never found clothing or anything from previous guests on ANY cruise

I thought it was RCCL ??:confused:

I did too. A lot worse if it was Regent. I could expect it if it was RCCL, but surely not on Regent. Someone please make sure which cruise line we are talking about.

The op posted a link to a REGENT ship. Why is this posted on the Oceania Board?

I thought it was RCCL ??:confused:

I did too. A lot worse if it was Regent. I could expect it if it was RCCL, but surely not on Regent. Someone please make sure which cruise line we are talking about.

It is Royal Caribbean. The thread is posted on the Royal Caribbean board and clearly references Royal Caribbean.

I could see posting here if it were Regent, since it's a sister line to Oceania and one might be concerned if maintenance on another ship in the same corporate family was that bad. But what does Royal Caribbean's problems have to do with any of the NCLH cruise lines, NCL, Oceania or Regent?

Edited by njhorseman

But what does Royal Caribbean's problems have to do with any of the NCLH cruise lines, NCL, Oceania or Regent?

Nothing other than my curiosity if a higher end cruise line does better with their on board maintenance, that is all... nothing ill-willed or personal against anyone on this board. I feel their was no harm in asking since I just came off of one of my best cruise experiences on O.

Sorry, but the OP needs to be more careful. This dirty ship is NOT Regent Navigator but RCL’s Navigator of the Seas. And it’s not even close to being an Oceania ship...

Sorry, but the OP needs to be more careful. This dirty ship is NOT Regent Navigator but RCL’s Navigator of the Seas. And it’s not even close to being an Oceania ship...

Perhaps you need to read the OP's post more carefully. :D

OP doesn't say it's the Regent Navigator, clearly states that the linked thread is on the RCL forum, and mentions that this was on a mass market line.

Nothing other than my curiosity if a higher end cruise line does better with their on board maintenance, that is all... nothing ill-willed or personal against anyone on this board. I feel their was no harm in asking since I just came off of one of my best cruise experiences on O.

Well...that makes it more of a head scratcher since you just came off one of your best cruise experiences on O. That being the case would you have recent personal first hand knowledge of the quality of O's on board maintenance.

Well...that makes it more of a head scratcher since you just came off one of your best cruise experiences on O. That being the case would you have recent personal first hand knowledge of the quality of O's on board maintenance.

I think the poster is just using this as an example to raise awareness for checking your cabin when board a ship, no matter what line.