Tauck -Seine plus Versailles, Paris, London 5/19/18-6/01/18 LIVE

HBCcruiser

Dessert was amazing! Rich dark chocolate mousse! I think the chocolate was from the chocolatier we visited today - Edwart. We recognized the taste of the praline chocolate crisp base. Sooo good!d74a4fefc2c69216ba1ecf120a69aa30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we must have spent about 10-15 minutes laughing about the shower faucet with our fun table mates - Karen (squared), Ron, Dennis, Cindy, & Luisa - and contemplating how the blasted thing works! You see, one cannot easily figure out how to find HOT water sufficiently and/or how to turn the water OFF. On several occasions my mom stated that the water was running and “Oh well!” She couldn’t turn it off. I went to the concierge and asked her to please explain how to use the shower faucet. She said she did not know. However, a wonderful couple from New Hampshire told us!! Right time - right place! Here are the instructions:

To turn off - the upper knob must be centered on Stop. You may need to finesse it a bit. 27669e81566f04c6d23f7204d30b04a6.jpg

To get HOT water you turn the bottom knob to the left WHILE holding down the button underneath the faucet. Voila- Hot water! I tried it and it worked perfectly!! Hot shower for me tomorrow!566076e27b65c533c1ca8bf98b35b6aa.jpg

Good luck fellow Tauckers!

I cannot thank you enough. It really does take a village or at least a table of fellow Tauck travelers to understand the shower system. Trying to shower before dinner I had hot water only coming from tub faucet, ice cold from the rain shower and water spewing from the handheld unto the floor. then, like your mom I couldn’t turn the water off. I followed your instructions and feel I can now take a shower without thinking I may need to wrap myself in a towel while leaving the water running to go find help.

People slept sitting up due to superstitious beliefs. They thought they’d swallow their tongue!

Can you imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, that sounds a lot like sleep apnea. Maybe they were ahead of their time!

Enjoying the pics and commentary.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We decided to relax and have an easy dinner at the hotel. Great burgers! Early day tomorrow as we are checking out of the hotel early and heading to our ship tomorrow! Can’t wait!1123c00c6b393e32d546b52e71f0d751.jpg

Sometimes, we all just need a great Burger!

Robin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app