Crown Grill query

Twogaterz

We are on a Princess cruise for the first time in three weeks. Can anyone tell me if Crown Grill offers a cheese alternative to dessert. My husband doesn’t really do desserts but loves cheese. Couldn’t see anything on the menu on the Princess website hence the query. Also I know they charge for extra in main courses, but if you wanted two starters, is that possible or is there a surcharge for those too? Thanks in anticipation! :)

We are on a Princess cruise for the first time in three weeks. Can anyone tell me if Crown Grill offers a cheese alternative to dessert. My husband doesn’t really do desserts but loves cheese. Couldn’t see anything on the menu on the Princess website hence the query. Also I know they charge for extra in main courses, but if you wanted two starters, is that possible or is there a surcharge for those too? Thanks in anticipation! :)

It's been reported here that you can request anything from the MDR menu to substitute. The MDR menu has a fruit/cheese plate available for dessert most nights.

There's also a display of cheeses on a cart in the CG. I've never asked, but they may be available to choose as an alternative.

They only charge extra for the main dish AFAIK.

Give it a try and report back.:D

I think the advice is sound. Or bring a brick of Velveeta like I do. ;p

A brick of Velveeta is too awkward to carry to the Crown Grill. I just take an aerosol can of that gourmet cheese and a pocket full of saltine crackers that I swipe from the buffet.:cool:

A brick of Velveeta is too awkward to carry to the Crown Grill. I just take an aerosol can of that gourmet cheese and a pocket full of saltine crackers that I swipe from the buffet.:cool:

Crackers just won't do. Sheesh... Take your own red vines "licorice" and squirt the sort-of-cheese-like substance into that. (I actually witnessed this at my oldest son's house once many years ago... :eek:)

Sorry I have no idea what Velceeta is. I’m from the U.K. and both my husband and I love really good English and French cheese (matured, raw milk and def not processed). Don’t expect Brie de Meaux but something half decent would be good. :D

Actually, I find the Stilton served on Princess ships to be quite tasty. It just doesn't adhere to a saltine cracker as well as the gourmet cheese in an aerosol can.

Aerosol can cheese? Really? You’re kidding right? :confused:

eaten at the Crown grill many many times. Can't recall cheese being offered as a dessert, but it never hurts to ask. I love going to the Crown Grill but never ever eat the desserts there because I don't like them. So I save on some calories while onboard.

Enjoy your dinner there and remember, you can always go for dessert in either the International Cafe on Atrium deck 5 or the Lido Horizon court (buffet area).:):):):):)

You may get the correct coupon book or you may not.

As for the fine blend of seven(?) cheeses in Velveeta, you would only find the highest and most consistent quality.

Think spotted dick for the American palate.

What’s wrong with Spotted Dick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aerosol can cheese? Really? You’re kidding right? :confused:

I hope you are not among those narrow minded culinary snobs who think the only good food is what they like.

Cheese in an aerosol can is the most convenient cheese serving method. The person who invented it should be in the Foodie Hall of Fame alongside Ronald McDonald, Wendy, Jack, and the Burger King.;)

I hope you are not among those narrow minded culinary snobs who think the only good food is what they like.

Cheese in an aerosol can is the most convenient cheese serving method. The person who invented it should be in the Foodie Hall of Fame alongside Ronald McDonald, Wendy, Jack, and the Burger King.;)

:')

eaten at the Crown grill many many times. Can't recall cheese being offered as a dessert, but it never hurts to ask. I love going to the Crown Grill but never ever eat the desserts there because I don't like them. So I save on some calories while onboard.

Enjoy your dinner there and remember, you can always go for dessert in either the International Cafe on Atrium deck 5 or the Lido Horizon court (buffet area).:):):):):)

Thanks - lots to try by the sound of it :D

We are on a Princess cruise for the first time in three weeks. Can anyone tell me if Crown Grill offers a cheese alternative to dessert. My husband doesn’t really do desserts but loves cheese. Couldn’t see anything on the menu on the Princess website hence the query. Also I know they charge for extra in main courses, but if you wanted two starters, is that possible or is there a surcharge for those too? Thanks in anticipation! :)[/quote

I Just got off the Coral yesterday

they have a cheese plate every night on the desert menu (It came with some dried fruit and some nuts)

They also have a fresh fruit option

If you want to have a dinner you and others near by will remember for the rest of your lives, carry one of those aerosol cans of cheese and use it on something served at the Chef's Dinner. Have your spouse ready with a camera. Cheese in a can = $2.98; the look on the Chef's face = priceless. Save the photo as it may become a vital piece of evidence in the Chef's trial for aggravated assault.

If you want to have a dinner you and others near by will remember for the rest of your lives, carry one of those aerosol cans of cheese and use it on something served at the Chef's Dinner. Have your spouse ready with a camera. Cheese in a can = $2.98; the look on the Chef's face = priceless. Save the photo as it may become a vital piece of evidence in the Chef's trial for aggravated assault.

OMG!!! You win!!;p:')

Aerosol is but one part of a balanced cheese board. Get a fine French-style soft cheese, too. Enough to share with the rest of the table, and you’ll look erudite for being able to pun in a second language.

4079266682_34048b317a_m.jpg