What to do with room service tray?

Why does someone immediately rush to the JH page to tell him all about the newest "debate" on Cruise Critic? All it does is continuously open the door for his pathetic cheap shots. Shots taken at Carnival cruisers. If it weren't for CC, he wouldn't have nearly as much content for his precious fb page.

Makes them feel important. If he didnt get this material he would have to make up more stuff than he already does

Assuming of course that he isn't just gleaning the info himself and making up poster's names to stir the pot (my personal jury is still out on that particular question).

We can't go on together

With Suspicious Minds

Suspicious Minds

Like others have said, officially, you can place it outside your door, against the wall. On the other hand, it might be a bit before it is picked up. I have seen trays sit out for a few days, or maybe someone just gets a lot of room service, and is always replacing them.

You have seen trays sit out for a few days on a cruise ship? Maybe a couple hours but there is no way a tray will sit outside a room for a few days..........ridiculous.........

You have seen trays sit out for a few days on a cruise ship? Maybe a couple hours but there is no way a tray will sit outside a room for a few days..........ridiculous.........

Same room, same kind of food scraps, but like I said, the person may just be getting room service all the time, and putting a new dirty tray out each time.

When placing your stuff in the hall is it too much trouble to dump your liquids? No need to put whole cups of coffee, juice. Or milk etc.

But then I'll have to walk all the way to my cabin restroom, physically tip the glass into the sink, then rinse the sink so I don't have a mess to complain about. That will ruin my cruise! I'll need compensation! The horror...the horror...

If Carnival tells you to put them in the hallway, then it is good. For the ships with the recessed cabin doorways, there's little risk of anyone tripping. Several people claim they're in the way in the hallways. A tray isn't hard to avoid. They're not spread out down the hall like landmines. How much time does one single passenger spend walking up & down the halls? You could argue that they might be in the way of crew with their cleaning equipment, but how many trays are there really in a single hallway? And again, the hallway is where Carnival says to put it.

I would argue 2 points about not leaving the trays in the halls

1) they are tighter spaces than a hotel and tripping is a potential hazard. Also did you think about the room service carts being able to maneuver around them to get down the hall

2) it just looks trashy in my humble opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming of course that he isn't just gleaning the info himself and making up poster's names to stir the pot (my personal jury is still out on that particular question).

I personally feel he is making up stories or post emails from passengers with crazy opinions or requests. I have too much faith in the human race to think there are some incredibly stupid or entitled people running around my world.

From reading his posts and watching his videos I have no doubt he does not read this board. I do think there are people who dislike this board that go over there and try to make cruise critic look bad.

I would argue 2 points about not leaving the trays in the halls

1) they are tighter spaces than a hotel and tripping is a potential hazard. Also did you think about the room service carts being able to maneuver around them to get down the hall

2) it just looks trashy in my humble opinion

Room service carts would be similar to housekeeping carts, which is what I was referring to when I mentioned cleaning equipment. Again, how many trays are actually sitting outside doors when the crew brings these carts through? I find it hard to believe there's so many that it poses a hazard. Out of the things I might personally find unsightly on board, a couple trays in the hallway don't make my list. In the end, if that's what Carnival wants, so be it. And if it's the food service department's job to pick them up, it makes sense that Carnival wants them in the hallway.

Don't leave the tray in the hall!

Why?

1. It's disgusting.

2. More important - it's dangerous - people can trip over it.

3. It "narrows" the hallways space making it more difficult for people with mobility problems to move around.

What's wrong with calling Room service and asking them to pick up the tray IN YOUR ROOM or asking your cabin steward to pick it up from your room.

Actually the best thing to do is leave the dishes in the hall and take tray to lido and use it to get breakfast including coffee. Never liked when they removed trays from lido

Stu,

Bad idea leaving loose china and glassware off trays to roll around on the deck don't you think? Ask for a tray if you need one.

Why?

1. It's disgusting.

3. It "narrows" the hallways space making it more difficult for people with mobility problems to move around.

What's wrong with calling Room service and asking them to pick up the tray IN YOUR ROOM or asking your cabin steward to pick it up from your room.

The main reason for leaving them in the hall is because that's what Carnival asks to be done

Stu,

Bad idea leaving loose china and glassware off trays to roll around on the deck don't you think? Ask for a tray if you need one.

Hmmmm do they have trays up on lido? It is a pain to get food bring it too your table and than leave to get a drink.

Why?

1. It's disgusting.

If you call room service to pick it up then you'd need to stay in your cabin until they came, they do not have access to your cabin.

Asking your steward to do it is not his or her job as per John Heald, it's the responsibility of food service.

As many others have said, since this is what CCL asks us to do it is what we should do.

I personally feel he is making up stories or post emails from passengers with crazy opinions or requests. I have too much faith in the human race to think there are some incredibly stupid or entitled people running around my world.

From reading his posts and watching his videos I have no doubt he does not read this board. I do think there are people who dislike this board that go over there and try to make cruise critic look bad.

This is the reason my personal jury is out on the matter, I can it from each side (and I can also see it as something that he only does every now and then).

Unfortunately, nothing I've seen him share goes beyond the boundaries of unfounded entitlement that I've observed.