Alfredos's: Popularity/wait?

MrsEmmaPeel

Outstanding point. Indeed, our crew is 6 in total. So that will likely increase the wait time quite a bit. But it sounds like as long as we're flexible and/or willing to wait a few mins, we'll likely be fine. Also, for embarkation, we're "stuck" waiting by the Piazza. That in its own should be interesting, as nobody in out group has been on more than one prior cruise (HAL, Fall Foliage, a decade ago).

I expect that once we're underway, our crew of two active seniors, two mids and two young teens will likely split into smaller groups.

As always, thanks for all of the datapoints on this.

I've never had a wait but I am usually by myself or with one other person. You mentioned your "entire crew". How many is that? That could impact the wait time because many of the tables in Alfredo's are two tops.

We squeezed six into a table (actually a roundish bench plus chairs) at Alfredo’s once, two of our party were children and it was tight. On another occasion five adults and tight. I don’t remember any larger tables at Alfredos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Folks,

We'll be on our first Princess cruise (and only second on any line) in a few weeks on the Royal (UK itinerary). In looking over the dining options, our entire crew were really caught by Alfredo's. One thing I haven't seen is anyone commenting on it being busy/crowded or having a wait to be seated. In addition, in the dozens of cruise videos we've been scouring, we've only seen people walk right in. I know we plan to try it for lunch the day we embark, but I wanted to set my fellow travelers' expectations: does it tend to get a big line during embarkation day, or on most nights for dinner?

Thanks!

Lmb

I've seen Alfredo's lined up on occasion on the Royal and the Regal and in fact we did have to wait once, but it wasn't a long wait. Most times we are able to pretty much walk right in. Lunch time I find were the best for availability while in the early evening there was a bit of a wait once but nothing too awfully bad.

Alfredo's is one place we're looking forward to on our upcoming Regal cruise. Love it for lunch on a sea day.

We squeezed six into a table (actually a roundish bench plus chairs) at Alfredo’s once, two of our party were children and it was tight. On another occasion five adults and tight. I don’t remember any larger tables at Alfredos.

We were a group of 6 adults on the Royal Princess last fall for 25 days and ate, as a group, at Alfredo's a number of times and always had a table for 6 so there are some.

We were going to go to Alfredo's on embarkation day but think we will try teh MDR if we get there early enough. Shoudl be able to convince my daughter to change her mind, after all, we will defintiely go to Alfredo's at some point (and probably a lot more than once)

We board Sapphire Princess tomorrow and have never eaten in Alfredo’s. Do you think it will be open lunchtime on embarkation day? Also will the cafe be open ? We have past valid coffee cards with several unpunched to use.

We board Sapphire Princess tomorrow and have never eaten in Alfredo’s. Do you think it will be open lunchtime on embarkation day? Also will the cafe be open ? We have past valid coffee cards with several unpunched to use.
On our past cruises Alfredo’s and the International Cafe on Plaza deck and pizzeria and grill on Lido deck have been open for lunch. We arrive in time to have our lunch in the MDR between noon and 1:30 and visit those locations later in the cruise

On our past cruises Alfredo’s and the International Cafe on Plaza deck and pizzeria and grill on Lido deck have been open for lunch. We arrive in time to have our lunch in the MDR between noon and 1:30 and visit those locations later in the cruise

Thank you, I’ll try tomorrow before going to the MDR.

I am thinking that like on the Coral, Alfredos on these other ships just is not the Alfredos like on the newer ships.

We did enjoy the pizza on the Coral at Alfredos a couple of times on the Coral. But, nowhere near the quality and offerings that I am seeing on the Regal. I am looking forward to it. Lunch on embarkation!

I am thinking that like on the Coral, Alfredos on these other ships just is not the Alfredos like on the newer ships.

We did enjoy the pizza on the Coral at Alfredos a couple of times on the Coral. But, nowhere near the quality and offerings that I am seeing on the Regal. I am looking forward to it. Lunch on embarkation!

Only the Royal class ships have the "full" Alfredo's. You are lucky to even get Alfredo's on Coral as it's not an actual venue and they just have the Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's for lunch. Most ships don't have Alfredo's at all. We actually had very good pizza in Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess on our first cruise. I was extremely disappointed to find the pizza on most Princess ships was only the stuff at Prego on Lido deck. Truly lame pizza that reminds me of frozen pizza from the grocery store or, at best, the $5 Hot & Ready (shudder) available from Little Cesar's. The pizza at Alfredo's is vastly better than the Lido deck stuff.