Hotel/Motel Recommendations near Port Canaveral

We prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range - and then head to the port the morning of our cruise. One way rentals are usually cheaper than shared shuttles and let you stay, shop and dine where you want.

Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach is a charming hotel in a great location. We loved the ice cream place next door. Since it is a block off the beach, it is often more reasonably priced than some other area hotels.

Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach is a charming hotel in a great location. We loved the ice cream place next door. Since it is a block off the beach, it is often more reasonably priced than some other area hotels.

I also chose Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach, as I arrived a couple of days early to enjoy the warm weather and to hang out on the beach. They arranged my transportation with the fly, snooze, and cruise package with transportation from the airport, to the cruise port and back to the airport post-cruise. Not their fault, but the transpo company gave bad directions as to where to pick up the shuttle on the return.

Didn't find the ice cream place, though....I guess I need to make a return visit. :)

A lot depends on when you’re coming in, if you’re driving or flying, where are you driving from or where are you flying into.

Last trip, we flew into Orlando (MCO), and the trip before that, we drove in from the Midwest. Both times, we came in the night before the cruise. We stayed in Orlando both times. Got decent rates at good hotels both times. And it was an easy drive/shuttle to the port the following morning.

However, that would work if you’re flying into Sanford or Melbourne. Nor if you’re driving down from the East Coast. You’re pretty much limited to the coast.

We have always stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton. The rooms are nice, and they are connected to the Surf shop, which is a fun gift shop with a big circular aquarium in it. you can watch them feed the fish, kinda cool.

Also, if you are an SPG member, they have always let us park our car there for $30 for the week.

Homewood Suites for us as well. Clean, new, and a mile from the port. Wake up and you can see your ship from your room.

agree - stayed there 2 weeks ago - hotel was great including the pool area. Breakfast was not good at all - so the second morning we headed for Cocoa Beach and ate at Simply Delicious - amazing breakfast before boarding the Oasis