Cancel or Amend a MDR reservation while on board - GEM

Is it possible to cancel or amend a dining reservation for a MDR while on board the Gem. I made 2 dining reservations, but once I board I may want to add 2-4 people or change the time/cancel.

Is that possible? How would I go about doing that? THANKS!

Is it possible to cancel or amend a dining reservation for a MDR while on board the Gem. I made 2 dining reservations, but once I board I may want to add 2-4 people or change the time/cancel.

Is that possible? How would I go about doing that? THANKS!

Yes, of course. Call the “Dine Line” or stop by the dining desk in the atrium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At any time you want to change your dining reservations visit the Dining Reservation Desk in the Atrium Lobby.

Or you can call on the ships phone the Dining desk.

Another thing you can do that is even more positive is visit the restaurant (MDR) in question and if open deal

directly with the staff for the best results i.e. table location; ease of access for folks with special needs; birthday

and anniversary celebrations and as you have posted the potential of making those changes for additional guests.

Right! Thanks to all. I kinda like Freestyle, but I also like knowing I will have a def place and time to eat. BUT on vaca that might change. Thanks for the tips on visiting the mdr directly and the Orchid after muster drill.

?-- Can dining reservations for specialty restaurants only be made after the munster drill or as soon as we board can we look into specialty restaurants? We have a Tepanyki reservation but must amend that to add more people.

Actually for NYC sailings, both the BA & Gem has a desk setup inside the terminal (typically, this is Pier 88) - beyond security, usually opposite the "Pier Cafe" vendor & restrooms ... you can't miss them, during the morning hour before boarding start. Specialty Dining menus are available - they have 2 laptops setup to do booking (make changes, cancel, etc.) and staffed - don't have to wait until you get onboard.

Also, you can make new bookings directly on the iConcierge App, once you setup your iPhone or Androids, register & activate the device (all free ... not using paid WiFi from the ship) - check for availability & book it directly, DIY.

For almost all of last week, good availability for Moderno, LaCucina, LeBistro and somewhat less for Cagney for smaller parties of 2, 3 & 4 - larger group size are always a bit harder. Teps is usually the challenging one - but, there are so many choices on land and in NYC ...

Oh, the APP! I have to figure that one out. Is it something you have to wait to download once your on the ship or can you download the app prior to sailing?

Thanks so much!

You won't be able to download it on the ship unless you pay for wifi. You must download it before you sail.

:) Hi,

We just got off the Getaway on Sunday. We booked it as a last minute cruise so all the good dining times were taken online. We had booked Cagney's on Wed. night but could only get 9:30 PM. At the dining desk all they said about changing it to earlier was sorry, all full. So we went to Cagney's at 6PM and we explained and they said we have plenty of room if you want to come in now! Morel of the story is check directly with the dining venue and not the main desk.

Bob ;)