Discount Gift Cards?

bobnfl

Purchase $250 gift card, promo code is MOM10.

Purchase $500 gift card, promo code is MOM25.

I am guessing the promo code for purchasing $1,000 gift card, promo code MOM60.

Sorry, forgot there were promo codes.

Also, Bonus Gift Cards have an expiration date .... August xx, 2018. I don't remember the days ... therefore xx's. You can call and ask. I think, if I remember correctly, the gift cards you purchase have a 2 year (?) expiration date. Again, ask to be sure.

If you apply a Princess gift card to your account once you board the ship, can you receive a refund of any unused funds or is it nonrefundable?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the card you pay for is refundable, but the promotional amount might not be. I don't see how they could make the amount you pay for nonrefundable.

Yes, refundable as it is treated as if you put cash onto your account.

Is it refundable like any OBC, in the form of a check mailed? I am doing a B2B and was hoping to be able to take what was left from the first week and apply it to the second week. But I guess I can tell them to only apply half of the credit, then on the start of the second week, apply the rest.

I DO have a Princess cruise coming up. Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting this. I bought the gift cards to pay off my balance on my cruise and i'll use the 'bonus' gift cards as OBC. It isn't much ... but it's free money. AND I get $$ cash back on my credit card I purchased the gift cards with. So ... pretty happy about it.

Ditto here!!! I have 2 cruises booked - purchased 2 gift cards, will receive 2 bonus cards plus cash back on credit card used. It's a Win-Win for me!!!

Thank you for sharing the info :)

Is it refundable like any OBC, in the form of a check mailed? I am doing a B2B and was hoping to be able to take what was left from the first week and apply it to the second week. But I guess I can tell them to only apply half of the credit, then on the start of the second week, apply the rest.
Maybe set up your account with a credit card, then on the last night of the first cruise settle your account with the gift card. Then do the same with the second cruise. Or use the gift card to pay off the balance of your cruise if you're before final payment.

And now that I'm thinking, I don't know if they apply the entire amount of the gift card to the account as OBC in advance. I wonder if they only use what's needed to pay the balance at the end, just as if it were a credit card or cash? I've always just used my gift cards for payments towards the cruise.

Another angle or two...

Pay with your Citi Costco credit card and it will likely be classed as "travel" and you MIGHT get an additional 3% as Costco annual credit card refund.

EDIT: I checked on Princess.com and they do not accept Paypal. Leaving the next suggestion here in case you might want to use it for any other Paypal purchases.

IF allowed on the Princess site, pay with Paypal (after signing up for this quarter's bonuses on your Chase Freedom card and adding the Freedom card to your Paypal account) and get 5% cash back on up to $1,500 of Paypal purchases. Be sure and specify in Paypal that you're using your Chase Freedom card for payment. Sorry if this is confusing, but every dollar counts!

Since my kids didn't all chip in to get me these in bulk for Mother's Day... just purchased a few myself. I hesitated as someone mentioned not maybe wanting to put up money I didn't need to for a few more months but the additional gift cards equal about what the cabin price reduced to, so I don't have to give up grats and EZ Air discounts. Now if we could only get that AMEX offer one more time.....it's not much but it's something!

For those of you who have purchased gift cards, did the charge come directly from Princess or from a third party? I'm redirected to "merchant dot sgiftcard dot com" when I go to buy a gift card. Asking because my credit card gives triple points for travel purchases.

Remember, once you purchase the gift cards, the balance is used just like cash. It doesn't change anything regarding your booking or your perks. The only difference is the little bonus card has an expiration date of 8-31-18, but the regular card has no exp date or fees for non-use.

And if you realize you're basically converting cash to a gift card balance, you're only out the tiny amount of interest your bank account might (or might not[emoji16]) make. Unless you carry a balance on the credit card you use for the gift card.......

For those of you who have purchased gift cards, did the charge come directly from Princess or from a third party? I'm redirected to "merchant dot sgiftcard dot com" when I go to buy a gift card. Asking because my credit card gives triple points for travel purchases.

My charge shows 'Princess Cruises CA Santa Clarita' I get 3% back on travel purchases :)

Mine show Princess Cruises.

Another question - I bought two, at $1000 but it won't let me purchase any more than that. Is there a limit? It shows that they are pending on AMEX so I'm obviously going to watch that close to make sure it's refunded but for these last two I got an email from Princess saying they were unable to complete my order. From what I can see the limit is 5 and I am not at that, and it's not that AMEX put a limit on it either? I might try with a different credit card and see if that makes a difference.

I believe only one will process. I believe only one discount code per person. —-buy another on your partners account???

This isn't true. I purchased 2 cards in 2 different amounts. I received both cards and both bonus cards.

I would definitely check with Amex. It could be a fraud alert/freeze on their part.

I was wondering about that. Tried with another card and haven’t gotten the email codes yet but also haven’t gotten the declined email either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about that. Tried with another card and haven’t gotten the email codes yet but also haven’t gotten the declined email either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took overnight for me to receive the receipts and digital CARDS. I put the CODES into the order part of the form. Does that agree with what you did?

CODE: $250 card purchase MOM10 is the code.

$500 card purchase MOM25 is the code.

$1,5000 card purchase (I'm guessing) MOM60 is the code.

It took overnight for me to receive the receipts and digital CARDS. I put the CODES into the order part of the form. Does that agree with what you did?

CODE: $250 card purchase MOM10 is the code.

$500 card purchase MOM25 is the code.

$1,5000 card purchase (I'm guessing) MOM60 is the code.

Dang ... I can't 'edit' any longer. BUT it's a $1,000 card purchase with code MOM60.

OMG ... some weird typo that was.

Another question - I bought two, at $1000 but it won't let me purchase any more than that. Is there a limit? It shows that they are pending on AMEX so I'm obviously going to watch that close to make sure it's refunded but for these last two I got an email from Princess saying they were unable to complete my order. From what I can see the limit is 5 and I am not at that, and it's not that AMEX put a limit on it either? I might try with a different credit card and see if that makes a difference.

I purchased 3 $1000 using same card

Dang ... I can't 'edit' any longer. BUT it's a $1,000 card purchase with code MOM60.

OMG ... some weird typo that was.

Yes, I did the transaction through Princess correctly. It's after it's accepted then I get an email that they won't process it.