Platinum

ljslight

And you will run into the dilemma of receiving an invitation to the platinum party. There have been great debates on here about whether you can take your non P/D spouse to the party. I simply resolved to ask the few times it was relevant for us. I was told everything from yes it would be allowed because there were not too many P/D on board to absolutely yes and it is presumed that my spouse is welcome.

Many on here suggested that because his name was not on the invite that he was not welcome and I simply did not find that to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And you will run into the dilemma of receiving an invitation to the platinum party. There have been great debates on here about whether you can take your non P/D spouse to the party. I simply resolved to ask the few times it was relevant for us. I was told everything from yes it would be allowed because there were not too many P/D on board to absolutely yes and it is presumed that my spouse is welcome.

Many on here suggested that because his name was not on the invite that he was not welcome and I simply did not find that to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am pretty sure it won't matter if the other person is not P/D. The party seems to be "open" to anyone with knowledge of it.

When is the last time someone actually had their invitation checked at the door??

If I am platinum but my husband isn't, will he beable to board with me? Or do I need FTTF for him?

Thanks

Everyone in your cabin will get the benefits of the highest status in the cabin.

I am pretty sure it won't matter if the other person is not P/D. The party seems to be "open" to anyone with knowledge of it.

When is the last time someone actually had their invitation checked at the door??

I just went to my first Platinum/Diamond party last February. My wife was still not platinum yet and walked right in. They checked nothing.

All depends on the ship and the party. At times they have not asked for the invitation and at other times, they have.

And to some people, what the invitation says does matter - so I thought I would let the OP know my experience.

Everyone in your cabin will get the benefits of the highest status in the cabin.

This is not 100% accurate. When I was P and DH was G, he got the G drink coupon and I got the P/D one. Nor do I think DH with his gold card could have used the express line for customer service without me there. But for boarding, debarking and tendering purposes, yes, everyone in the cabin, or those with minor children in another cabin, will all piggy back off those types of group privileges.

Originally posted by jwjax I am pretty sure it won't matter if the other person is not P/D. The party seems to be "open" to anyone with knowledge of it.

I just went to my first Platinum/Diamond party last February. My wife was still not platinum yet and walked right in. They checked nothing.

As usual!

All depends on the ship and the party. At times they have not asked for the invitation and at other times, they have.

And to some people, what the invitation says does matter - so I thought I would let the OP know my experience.

Just Curious? Which Ship checked the Invitations? It's been a long time time since we were asked for the Invitation?

For us. Actually, never??:confused::confused::confused:

Long ago and far away, Carnival would collect the P&D invites at the door, place them in a drum on stage, and then pull out a few for various prizes, like a bottle of wine or champagne, or the SOAS dodad.

That was also about the time when there was a P&D priority line to get back on the ship after a port call.

Long ago and far away, Carnival would collect the P&D invites at the door, place them in a drum on stage, and then pull out a few for various prizes, like a bottle of wine or champagne, or the SOAS dodad.

That was also about the time when there was a P&D priority line to get back on the ship after a port call.

In a Galaxy Far Away!!! :):)