Do I need to pack beach towels?

ctlrtl

NO! They take up too much space and add unnecessary weight. Carnival will provide you with a blue beach towel. It will be in your stateroom. If you really really like it, you can keep it for $20. Otherwise, just toss it in the bathroom and the steward will change it out for a fresh one each day.

Remember, too, you don't need to take it to Lido deck, either. You can check out a towel on deck and use that. Be sure to return it so you don't get charged $20.

carnival supplies beach towels- BUT if they are not turned in you will be charged 25.00 per towel. These are thick and heavy when wet. But do you want stinky wet towels to take home with you ?

Decide for yourself.

I bought some microfiber beach towels on Amazon to take to port. They are really small when rolled up, and aren’t 200lbs when wet. This was after a trip to Cozumel and dh having to carry the beach bag back to the ship with 4 heavy wet towels. The micro dry really fast. We don’t use them onboard however.

carnival supplies beach towels- BUT if they are not turned in you will be charged 25.00 per towel. These are thick and heavy when wet. But do you want stinky wet towels to take home with you ?

Decide for yourself.

you could just buy one in the plastic up on lido deck by the pool or as the other poster said leave it in the bathroom and the steward would change it out for a fresh one.

but not worth the money to me, but then i have a lot of beach towels from different ports.

And OP, I see that you're online. Skip JBs at Turk but maybe do the free beach chairs out front. Then take a walk all the way down the beach (left as viewed from the ship) to Jack's Shack for a beer or two. Trust me. Enjoy your cruise.

I've brought a beach towel on all 3 of my cruises. Never again. This time, I only used the Carnival towel. My bag was overly loaded for this trip, and just barely made the weight limit.

I'm also not someone who likes much waste. I don't need a new bath towels or sheets everyday. I don't demand tablecloths at dinner. However, I love being able to have a fresh beach towel everyday. Wet, sandy, and smelly ones are not enjoyable.

I would bring one. If you park at a public beach somewhere with a Carnival towel, there is no doubt that you are a cruiser. If everyone else on the beach has one it is not a big deal but if you don't want to be labeled, bring your own.

DH likes the microfiber towels for going ashore. As the other poster noted, they are very light, dry quickly and take up no room in the backpack - which can be a huge plus depending on where you are going and how you are spending the day. In a place like GT where I am just going ashore and grabbing a chair, the blue Carnival towels are just great, though.

On board, we get the yellow ones on the serenity for the hot tub. They are thick and comfortable but man can they get heavy with water!

The problem with bringing your own beach towels off the ship is you can bring sand fleas back into your cabin on your towel. I never bring a dirty beach towel into my cabin.

Oh please