Afternoon Tea?

Lottie A

If nothing else you can always improvise with a pot of tea at Cafe al Bacio and a few of their sweet treats all day.

Personally I don’t see the thrill of going into the dining room to wait to be served a cup of tea that isn’t any different than what is offered in the buffet or waiting for the same scones. I usually get everything myself from the bufffet and take it back to enjoy on the balcony, plus a few extra for later.

I do appreciate that others may enjoy it as something special becasue it is all about presentation and tradition. And thanks for the traditions of getting a pint at the pubs and or liter at bier gardens.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

But do they have proper Cornish or Devon clotted cream for the scones or is it that horrible squirty stuff from a can? :D

Well, no and no.

The cream is not from a can. It is real whipped cream, which is sometimes thickened with cream cheese. It is very good.

The scones are delightful. There are plenty of petite pastries, cookies, muffins, sandwiches, and cakes.

The tea is the type you make yourself with tea bags and hot water from the dispenser.