TA/NCL Shipboard Credit

Nashna

We have two different shipboard credits. One is from NCL and the other is from our TA. The TA has stated that they have sent the shipboard credit to NCL weeks ago. NCL's credit is showing online. The TA credit is not showing. The TA shipboard credit is $250. We would like to use this credit for shore excursions or extra tips. Is it normal to not be able to see the TA credit in advance? Will we only see this credit onboard?

We have two different shipboard credits. One is from NCL and the other is from our TA. The TA has stated that they have sent the shipboard credit to NCL weeks ago. NCL's credit is showing online. The TA credit is not showing. The TA shipboard credit is $250. We would like to use this credit for shore excursions or extra tips. Is it normal to not be able to see the TA credit in advance? Will we only see this credit onboard?

When you use a TA, that TA is being PAID to take care of you, your reservation, and answer any and all questions that you may have. Don't be afraid to ask the TA. There is no point in paying them if you have to get your own answers.

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be a card stating the amount of your travel agents OBC. You can also go the to Credit Desk in the lobby and ask about. You can use it for anything like shore excursions. If you can take some type of documentation from your travel agent about his OBC to you.

On your account in MYNCL.com account, only NCL items will appear.

Thank you all for the information. On our last cruise in January, the TA credit showed up weeks before the sailing when it was processed by the cruise line. It seems that each line has their own way of applying credit. That line would also allow me to use their credit for tips and pre-booked shore excursions. I charged my shore excursions to my cc months before the cruise and was happy to see that they automatically used the shipboard credit and refunded my credit card after the cruise. I find it a bit more difficult to use shipboard credits on NCL

We just got off the Escape and had NCL OBC and TA OBC. The NCL OBC showed on our docs before we sailed and the TA did not. We got onboard and neither of them were applied to our account until the morning after we sailed. I'm assuming the onboard accountants need to manually post those credits to accounts.

You will not see it on the NCL web site. Take a copy of the documentation from your TA. It generally shows up on the second day of the cruise. Of course, you can use it from the minute you board, because they reconcile everything the last night of the cruise.