Cruising the Oasis with Small Kids and Celiac – a Trip Report

Did I really just get teary when Angelina appeared in the hall? Thank you for taking the time. You seem like a really good guy.

I didn’t mean to make anyone cry! ;p I really was shocked and thrilled to see them in front of our room! Thanks for the kind words...

And thanks to everyone else for the kind comments as well. I have read lots of helpful information here so I’m glad to give a little back, so to speak...happy Cruising everyone!

What a wonderful review!! You and your wife really know how to roll with the punches and make the most out of a family cruise.

We took our girls (then newly 4 and 2) on Oasis last October, and we are returning for our fifth time on Oasis this October (but our first time in a JS!)--and I'm so excited they can both use Adventure Ocean this year. Your memories with your kids mimic ours so much and reading them got me excited all over again for October. Our girls (even the 2-year-old who we thought would remember nothing) still talk about our cruise ALL the time. Such special memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I appreciated your willingness to lay it all out there because life isn’t perfect, but we keep on making those memories because they’re priceless! My nephew is GF, so it’s good to know how it’s handled. Congrats on getting hooked; it’s the best way to vacation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it was a wonderful experience.

For sea sickness ... I usually buy a pack of Bonine which is labeled as non-drowsy. I'm not super-susceptible to sea sickness, but if the seas get rough or if I'm going to be in a smaller craft (like a tender), I'll take one as a preventative measure. Generally once you are sea sick it is too late for meds to help from what I've experienced ... though ginger or sprite can be soothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the great review! I will be taking my then nearly 8 year old son on Harmony next year and I enjoyed seeing a day on the cruise with kids format you presented. I am also a chronic planner and have been struggling as this will be his first cruise and our first possible interaction with Adventure Ocean (if he is interested, and I suspect he will be). I love your humor and story-telling manner. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you enjoy the next as well.

• 11 months later...

Gatordad, thank you so much for doing this review! It makes me feel so much better about taking my granddaughter on a cruise! Now I’ve just got to talk my daughter into it. Of course to add another problem her youngest son has severe autism, so we need to look for an Autism at Sea Cruise! We have time though!

thank you again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, counsdr said:

Gatordad, thank you so much for doing this review! It makes me feel so much better about taking my granddaughter on a cruise! Now I’ve just got to talk my daughter into it. Of course to add another problem her youngest son has severe autism, so we need to look for an Autism at Sea Cruise! We have time though!

thank you again!

I was happy to do it! I have to do extensive research everywhere we go to be sure there are safe food options and I rely heavily on people who post information on where to find safe gluten-free food. It’s so helpful to me, so anything I can do to help another gluten-free traveler (especially a kid), I’m happy to help!

Good luck and happy travels!

On 5/31/2018 at 9:45 AM, Gatordad815 said:

I didn’t mean to make anyone cry! 😜 I really was shocked and thrilled to see them in front of our room! Thanks for the kind words...

And thanks to everyone else for the kind comments as well. I have read lots of helpful information here so I’m glad to give a little back, so to speak...happy Cruising everyone!

Did I really just read it again??  Did you take that November cruise?  I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow night! 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, JFontaine said:

Did I really just read it again??  Did you take that November cruise?  I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow night! 

Ha ha! Yes we did take the November cruise! Had a great time but no trip reports! Took a spring break cruise too & just did a general info report, not a full play by play like this one! 

I missed this review way back when you wrote it, believe it or not! I’m so glad you had a successful and fun cruise! And wow, I’m honored to be mentioned in the review, and thrilled that I was helpful in your planning! We have taken another cruise (on Adventure) since our Oasis one, and it was just as wonderful for our GF daughter the second time around! Happy traveling....

Edited by FirstAnthem
  • Like 1