Pride of America transportation question on disembarkation day

Mae123

traveling to POA in June, and wondering after the cruise did everyone make reservations with a car company or shuttle to take you to the airport or are there shuttles there for anyone to use to get to the airport? If so where and price please.... I am wondering if I should book that transportation before I leave or am I ok to "wing" it. Thank you! Last item to worry about! :D

We used Johnny Cab www.johnnycabhi.com He was reasonable, on time and did van sharing to cut down on the costs if everyone was going to the same place. We shared a van from the Hotel to the ship. Another couple joined us from the ship to the airport and the trip fare was split.

We called and emailed him and made reservations for pick up for each end of the cruise. Saved us a lot of time.

Wing it. Anything you pay NCL will come with a premium, and the port is only about 5 miles from the airport. I don't recall what we paid NCL for the transfer last July, but I can bet you it would have been cheaper to grab a taxi. Enjoy the cruise!

From NCL website Transfer fee per person is $25 no charge for baggage.

Book this service on board the POA.

NCL Transfer service is limited to flights departing 3.5 hours or more after cruise arrival.

Most Mainland flights depart at 1:00pm and later see schedule LINK below.

You can do better for price with a cab/taxi or other shuttle service but you will still have

to wait for your afternoon flight. Morning flight banks to the Mainland depart between

8-9 am are near impossible to catch due to restrictions on check-in and boarding.

Handy Reference Schedule Honolulu Mainland flights LINK: (variable by date)

http://hnlairportweb.com/hnlflights/departures.asp

We also used Johnnycab for all our transportation needs in Oahu: airport to hotel, hotel to Pearl Harbor and back, hotel to port, port to airport. They were early or on time each and every time, and very reasonable for our family of 4.

We also used Johnnycab for our trips from the airport to the hotel in Waikiki and from the cruise terminal back to the airport. It was $25 each way with no baggage fee. They were prompt and efficient both times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums