San Juan port fees refund

I am trying to figure out about how much port fees for San Juan are, has anyone missed that port and gotten a refund?

On the Dec 9th Escape sailing they have canceled the evening in San Juan due to a berthing issues, but the port fees are still the same and no refund so far.

We got $38pp back on our account when we missed their private island two weeks ago.

Interesting. Imho that is a rather large amount pp in port fees for an island owned by the ship

I guess that's what's funding renovations there

And they are obviously charging a per head price for tender use etc

Can't imagine what ncl is charging as port fees at harvest caye

And yes I know that ncl is a publicly owned for profit company but I'm just pointing out that it is ncl imposing the port fees on the private island not the foreign port....therefore ncl can charge whatever they want even if its higher than what is standard

And yes I know what is standard is subject to many things.

I still think $38 pp is a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting. Imho that is a rather large amount pp in port fees for an island owned by the ship

And yes I know that ncl is a publicly owned for profit company but I'm just pointing out that it is ncl imposing the port fees on the private island not the foreign port....therefore ncl can charge whatever they want even if its higher than what is standard

I agree that $38 is a lot.

We are doing a cruise from San Juan in December visiting Antigua, St.Lucia,St. Thomas, St.Maarten, and Barbados.

The total govt taxes/fees is only $85.13 for all of them combined.

Bill

I agree that $38 is a lot.

We are doing a cruise from San Juan in December visiting Antigua, St.Lucia,St. Thomas, St.Maarten, and Barbados.

The total govt taxes/fees is only $85.13 for all of them combined.

Bill

I'm guessing ncl threw in some OBC for something as well

Where did you get the idea that NCL is charging the Bahamas & Belize port taxes? You are completely wrong. While GSC is actually NCL's private island, it is still taxed by the Bahamian government. As far as Harvest Caye, it was built in cooperation with the Belize government. It a part of Belize and is taxed by the Belize government.

Where did you get the idea that NCL is charging the Bahamas & Belize port taxes? You are completely wrong. While GSC is actually NCL's private island, it is still taxed by the Bahamian government. As far as Harvest Caye, it was built in cooperation with the Belize government. It a part of Belize and is taxed by the Belize government.

Do you really think the port tax at gsc is $38 pp?

Either the poster posted erroneous info

Or the $38 included an obc or something

My comment was leaning toward the potential of ncl having the ability to add to the port charges at those 2 ports

Do you really think the port tax at gsc is $38 pp?

Either the poster posted erroneous info

Or the $38 included an obc or something

My comment was leaning toward the potential of ncl having the ability to add to the port charges at those 2 ports

Guessing is not what the victory2020 asked for. The port government sets the port taxes and fees whether you choose to believe it or not. And as you can see they has their final bill whether you choose to believe it was port taxes or not. Now back to whether anyone has had San Juan cancelled and what the port taxes & fees are there.

Definitely $38 pp. I have my final statement - I wish I knew how to upload copy.

No need to post it. I am sure you know how to read and relayed exactly to us what is on your final bill. :)

To OP it probably depends on how long you were scheduled to be in San Juan too so it would have to be an amount from someone that is in the port for the same amount of time.

Edited by peg013

To the OP: If you said it is $38 pp, you do not need to post to prove it. NCL can decide whatever amount to give back or if they do not want to, it also up to them.

On my previous cruise, at one of the ports - we were left early than the time they posted. It was like an hour early. It was a mistake by NCL that they printed the wrong time on the freestyle newsletter. Got $15 on board credit for that and then another $14-$15 on board credit for missing/skipping a port due to the weather.

To the OP: If you said it is $38 pp, you do not need to post to prove it. NCL can decide whatever amount to give back or if they do not want to, it also up to them.

On my previous cruise, at one of the ports - we were left early than the time they posted. It was like an hour early. It was a mistake by NCL that they printed the wrong time on the freestyle newsletter. Got $15 on board credit for that and then another $14-$15 on board credit for missing/skipping a port due to the weather.

This is very interesting then. We were originally scheduled to be in Havana for 3 hours longer than we were actually there - wonder if that could have been part of the $38pp, all I know is that the purser said it was port charges for missed port. And yes, it is listed as onboard credit.