Magic OV Bathrooms

carlucci40

There is shelving, but it's limited. Also, things can fall over or roll around if seas get rough. Our last cruise was the first time we took an over the door organizer and it made things so much easier. We hung it on the outside of a closet door. Each person had their own pockets for toiletries, hair brushes, etc. and there was plenty of room for sunscreen, first aid, and all sorts of little things that usually end up strewn all over the counter or desk area. It was the most organized we've ever been on a cruise and made getting ready so much easier, especially with three of us in the room.

We just got off the Magic the first part of April, and there was plenty of room in the bathroom (guess it depends if you bring your house, or what you bring) for my friend and I. There were like 3 glass shelves and she took one side, and I took the other, and we never had any problem with having to put our items elsewhere.

If it's only two of you in a cabin, there's more than enough shelf space. For us, I take a shaving kit. Everything goes back into it when I'm done. DW also has what men call a shaving kit that she keeps her brush, comb, deodorant, etc. in. She does the same. There is also a shelf below the sink where we store the kits until we go to use them. On the older ships where the shelving is limited, we just store the kits in one of the closets.

We've never needed an "over the door" thing. Most makeup and toiletries are at the vanity in the cabin. The bathroom has plenty of space for toothpaste, deodorant, etc. Everything else can be at the vanity.

I have sailed on many cruises on different lines and have never brought the over the door hanger. I have plenty of room in the bathroom for the things I need to use in there and the makeup goes into a drawer in the vanity, usually the other half of the drawer with the hair dryer in it.

I guess if there are many in the cabin, it might be useful, but it seems to me some people just take too much stuff so they need to have extra places for it.

We love the organizer. On our Alaska cruise it provided massive storage for things we wanted close at hand, gloves, scarves, hats, umbrella (the small kind), binoculars, as well as cameras, chargers, and of course toiletries. In the Caribbean it holds sunscreen, umbrella (parasol), along with the other usual items.

Of course it's not "necessary" but it certainly makes the space tidier and far easier to find (smaller) things.

Can someone link me to one that might be able to go inside the bathroom vs on the closet door that is appropriate for 2 adults/ 2 teens. We're not the type to bring the entire house, but some basic makeup, sunscreen, hair straightner, brushes, clippers, etc. We can share some things, but an organizer sounds like it would help keep clutter on the sink and room a little better. With teens & their clothing ANYTHING would be helpful.

Can someone link me to one that might be able to go inside the bathroom vs on the closet door that is appropriate for 2 adults/ 2 teens. We're not the type to bring the entire house, but some basic makeup, sunscreen, hair straightner, brushes, clippers, etc. We can share some things, but an organizer sounds like it would help keep clutter on the sink and room a little better. With teens & their clothing ANYTHING would be helpful.

This is the one I bought- it's half as big as a shoe organizer (16 pockets) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZY2RUZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it was the perfect size for us... I hung it on the inside of the bathroom door so everything was available when I was in the bathroom. NOTE: you have to have your own hanger with this one, but that was actually a plus for me- I bring a wire hanger and this organizer will fold up really small so win/win!

This is the one I bought- it's half as big as a shoe organizer (16 pockets) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZY2RUZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it was the perfect size for us... I hung it on the inside of the bathroom door so everything was available when I was in the bathroom. NOTE: you have to have your own hanger with this one, but that was actually a plus for me- I bring a wire hanger and this organizer will fold up really small so win/win!

Perfect. Thank you!