Caribbean Princess obstructed E626 - only 1 nightstand?

metairiegal

Does anyone have any into on the Caribbean Princess' obstructed view cabin E626?

When I check the deck plan and click on that cabin, the picture shows it with only 1 night stand. In fact, all the obstructed view cabins only show 1 night stand. Is that correct? If so, are the cabins smaller because of it?

You probably looking on the Princess website. A lot of those pictures are incorrect. They are showing a generic picture which they use for most ocean view cabins.

As far as I know they have 2 nightstands.

Theo

2087572801_CaribbeanOceanview.jpg.4986e9b47b7f60d92a2c7daac6cc40c3.jpg

You probably looking on the Princess website. A lot of those pictures are incorrect. They are showing a generic picture which they use for most ocean view cabins.

As far as I know they have 2 nightstands.

Theo

[ATTACH]421626[/ATTACH]

Just wanted to say.... your website is a lifesaver! I don't know what we would do without it. Thanks!

We just sailed on the Caribbean Princess and our room had the new nightstand which is just one. I didn't take a picture, but it is pretty stupid! Even our cabin steward does not like them. It is the size of 2 of the old ones put together with 3 drawers. Now I will say that I liked the drawers better, but it had 2 lamps on it. But the biggest problem was our beds were together, and with the nightstand only on one side, it pushed the bed up against the wall. So if you wanted out of bed in the middle of the night, you were climbing over one another. And only one person could read in bed! So we had our beds separated and I noticed most of the cabins had the beds separated. One couple at our dining table had left their bed together and they said they just crawled over each other. And one other couple had an inside cabin and they said they still had 2 nightstands. So I am thinking the diagrams are correct. We had an ocean view cabin on Plaza deck. I hope you get the 2 nightstands, it used to be so much better than this new stupid one!

Edited by dtagirl
Spelling

We had that problem a while back ( 1 night stand) , its awful and had the steward put the stand in the closet area. I am too old to crawl over anyone in the middle of the night ! It left us without a side lamp but better than playing leapfrog. They also may be able to find you a smaller one if asked.Good luck

We just sailed on the Caribbean Princess and our room had the new nightstand which is just one. I didn't take a picture, but it is pretty stupid! Even our cabin steward does not like them. It is the size of 2 of the old ones put together with 3 drawers. Now I will say that I liked the drawers better, but it had 2 lamps on it. But the biggest problem was our beds were together, and with the nightstand only on one side, it pushed the bed up against the wall. So if you wanted out of bed in the middle of the night, you were climbing over one another. And only one person could read in bed! So we had our beds separated and I noticed most of the cabins had the beds separated. One couple at our dining table had left their bed together and they said they just crawled over each other. And one other couple had an inside cabin and they said they still had 2 nightstands. So I am thinking the diagrams are correct. We had an ocean view cabin on Plaza deck. I hope you get the 2 nightstands, it used to be so much better than this new stupid one!

I hope you complained on the survey. I would also strongly suggest that you send email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and let them know about your displeasure. That address tends to get a response - often a phone call. Princess needs to hear from people who have actually experienced the inconvenience and hassle caused by this change. Without feedback they won't learn that this is a horrible mistake.

boy, did I misunderstand the ( 1 night stand )...;p

Yes, I thought "This guy's confident"

Lol John

I realized my typo when it was too late! Any way to go back and fix the title now?? How can I ask a moderator to fix it?

Thank goodness someone else mentioned it. Each time over the last couple of days, I've read the title and thought OH REALLLLLLYYYYY!!?? Is this a comment on something that happened or a hope for the next cruise.

Don't change the title. Please. I get a kick out of it!

How does this work for Obstructed View rooms that have the beds on the sidewall? I notice that they have changed the illustration for some rooms, presumably those that have the new bedside table, but they still show them as under the window. Have they also changed the bed placement?

• 2 weeks later...
dtagirl,

Wow - thanks for the info! I had never heard anything about having the Caribbean having 1 "new" nightstand in the cabins.

This is not new, but only true for cabins forward on plaza deck.

...which are just a little narrower than usual.

As another poster pointed out, if you put the beds together, and want an aisle on each side, the nightstand

drawers are not useable.

If you have the beds apart, it's not much of a problem.

Does anybody have a photo of a cabin with the new nightstand?

This is nothing new. It is the way the ship(s) was delivered.

Here's a post from 2014 discussing it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42079786&postcount=5

I also learned that if you search for "one night stand", you get hits that don't have to do with cabin layout.

This is nothing new. It is the way the ship(s) was delivered.

Here's a post from 2014 discussing it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42079786&postcount=5

I also learned that if you search for "one night stand", you get hits that don't have to do with cabin layout.

What you are referring to has been true for a long time, but it appears there may be a new situation.

If you look at the deck plans for the CB, there is a new photo for Obstructed rooms on Emerald deck, and it shows only one night stand for all of the OV rooms on that deck. This is different from the stock photo previously used and still used for other ships. It is not limited to those forward rooms. Also, what shows in the stock photo is one night stand that is the older narrow size and allows aisle space both sides of the bed. Reports above say that the new nightstand is twice the size of the old one making it impossible to have two aisles with a queen size bed. Many of those obstructed view rooms on Emerald deck had the beds on the sidewall. What I am wondering is, if they have indeed changed all the OV's to the new furniture arrangement, have they eliminated the beds on the sidewall while they were at it. We have often booked an OV on Emerald, but if this is the case, we would reconsider continuing with Princess. Certainly it is true that Princess has a habit of using generic illustrations that don't accurately represent the actual situations, but this photo is new and seems to have been done with some intention.

I think that is a stock photo that they have used for all obstructed/ocean view cabins. The diagram that is on the stateroom details window shows two nightstands.

What you are referring to has been true for a long time, but it appears there may be a new situation.

Who knows?

I'm still waiting for the EU to impose tariffs on "US" (whatever that means) cruiselines.

That was promised here a week ago.

Tomorrow, I will check and see if the sky has fallen.

The photos and diagrams of the cabins as well as the 360 degree view date all of the way back to 1998 and the Grand Princess [emoji33] Changes to the layout of the bathroom and closet area were made starting with the second Grand class ship, the Golden. There were two nightstands in the obstructed view cabins. Looks like someone didn’t realize the two smaller nightstands are required to have the flexibility to have twin beds or a queen and allow both passengers to have a night stand and light in both configurations. What a dumb move [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums