Cost Advantage to Booking Next Summer Cruise While Out This Time?

grsnovi

We've decided to take the kids and grand kids out next summer. Is there any advantage to booking with the HAL rep who is always sitting in the desk on deck 1 across from the main desk?

In April 2017 while on a Panama Canal cruise, we booked our Aug. 2018 Viking Passage cruise. We booked a Signature Suite on deck 6 Zuiderdam for $5499pp. We received $200 OBC each and the deposit was only $100ea. A few weeks later we were informed that we were also getting the Signature Experience in Copenhagen thrown in. Right now, HAL is selling Signature Suites on deck 6 for $7049pp. So, yes, it worked out good for us. I believe you have 3 years to use your future cruise deposit or it will be refunded to you. I'm sure we will do it again on this next cruise.

I always just purchase a FCD (future cruise deposit) from the onboard rep. Costs $100 pp and if you book within 60 days of getting home, you end up with the same OBC as you would have by booking onboard (be sure to ask for Promo ZPM when booking).

I always just purchase a FCD (future cruise deposit) from the onboard rep. Costs $100 pp and if you book within 60 days of getting home, you end up with the same OBC as you would have by booking onboard (be sure to ask for Promo ZPM when booking).

What's promo ZPM?

What's promo ZPM?

Most (not all) people get an email after their cruise (about 2 weeks) that offers to double the OBC from the FCD (future cruise deposit) that you purchased while onboard. If you did not get the email, you can still get the double credit by just using the Promo ZPM.

The amount of FCD obviously varies by the length of your future cruise and the category you will be in.

I do this on every cruise I take. You just have to book within 60 days of getting the email (basically about 75 days after your last cruise).

Most (not all) people get an email after their cruise (about 2 weeks) that offers to double the OBC from the FCD (future cruise deposit) that you purchased while onboard. If you did not get the email, you can still get the double credit by just using the Promo ZPM.

The amount of FCD obviously varies by the length of your future cruise and the category you will be in.

I do this on every cruise I take. You just have to book within 60 days of getting the email (basically about 75 days after your last cruise).

Thanks. I did do that last year for this years cruise. I contacted my TA after I received the e-mail.and she made adjustments to my fare. I didn't have to mention the ZPM but it is nice to know if I need to get my TA up to speed.

You have nothing to loose. At worst, HAL will have your small deposits for three years.

We have only done this once, on another cruise line. We are about to get our money refunded. Our preference is to 'play the field' and to take advantage of any of our preferred cruise lines who drop their prices.

One factor is that we have been told multiple times by various TA's that the high end suites and low end insides are often the first to sell out. Neptune suites, we are told, are the exception to this and folks are far better off holding on to their money and waiting for a bargain priced upsell offer.