HAL to Disband HAL Dancers and Singers

ramonod

So why isn't saying what a passenger likes and doesn't like enough? Why must some passengers try to pretend that they are in a position to objectively comment on the management of the corporation as well?

Because they are shareholders as well as passengers?

Last CCL Annual Report offered tantalizing hints that not all CCL family members were contributing equally to the CCL bottom line, per passenger. But since it was written in Annual Report gobblygook I could not discern which side of the equation HAL found itself on. An under-performing child or an over-performing child.

Could it be CLL knows it can squeeze the most out of HAL revenues in order to subsidize its other lines, since HAL has such a high passenger loyalty history and we will put up with poorer treatment better than others? May our prying eyes will learn more when the 2018 CCL Annual Report comes out this Fall..

You really cannot tell from the 10k and 10Q's themselves. You pretty much have to look and some other line specific data and model from there. I don't think HAL is subsidizing other lines, as much as it is filling a niche in CCL's line up.

I also don't think that HAL is really receiving poorer treatment then the others. It does some things differently, but overall it is in the same range as Princess and Celebrity on way smaller ships. I usually don't sail HAL very often (mostly on Princess with some Celebrity) but just got back from a Sydney to Honolulu, and liked it well enough that I booked 51 days next year.

Yes, it’s all about detioration of value at a rate that doesn’t threaten the reports that matter to those who have a hand on that deterioration.
In other words it reflects the market driven assessment of value by passengers as passengers change over time (well, at least most of them).

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I'm a cruise passenger, not a cruise line CEO. I don't give a crap about markets, smart business choices and corporate portfolios. I only care about the cruise and the quality of the offerings on board. The more HAL cuts, the more the other lines look attractive. They won't miss me if I'm gone but again, I don't care. I'm just a passenger and I only care about passenger things.

Thank you!!!

In other words it reflects the market driven assessment of value by passengers as passengers change over time (well, at least most of them).

At least a ship itself doesn’t change much, so I figure there’s at least a couple more decades for me to enjoy Holland America. After the good promenades are gone, I doubt I’ll have much preference.

At least a ship itself doesn’t change much, so I figure there’s at least a couple more decades for me to enjoy Holland America. After the good promenades are gone, I doubt I’ll have much preference.
Don't sell yourself short. You may yet change a bit with the times.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.