How long for a reply from mbayley@rccl.com ?

In light of your earlier posts, as linked by setsail, it seems that you were aware from the outset that you were not going to get free drinks and that there is no hot breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Yes, the rep was wrong, but you knew that and had it confirmed here on Cruise Critic last week.

IMO, this whole thing is now trivial and not worth all of these posts and all of this angst.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. That is not true. From the outset, I was told that drinks on the Sun Deck were complimentary. I was also told from the outset that there was a hot breakfast in the concierge lounge.

I did NOT have this information confirmed last week.

I don't care what you think is trivial or not frankly. If you think its all trivial, do not read them and move on.

Absolutely. I knew something didn’t smell right.

Absolutely wrong...I guess posting a basic question on these boards turns some of you into prosecuting attorneys and private investigators.

It truly is sad that this thread went so far downhill when all I did was ask a simple question. I will enjoy my cruise, be happy with my response from RCCL and let the last few who posted about my question (and question my motives), let you feel like you 'know it all' and that I 'smell'. :') .

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There’s always a few but for that few there’s 10x helpful people, like those of us who tried to help. Enjoy your cruise.

Trust me...I do appreciate it. That's why I thanked you guys above as I did hear right back from them after resending my email.

For a Board that is supposed to be about happy times, family, vacations, cruises, etc., there shouldn't be negativity.....I guess wishful thinking.

Absolutely wrong...I guess posting a basic question on these boards turns some of you into prosecuting attorneys and private investigators.

It truly is sad that this thread went so far downhill when all I did was ask a simple question. I will enjoy my cruise, be happy with my response from RCCL and let the last few who posted about my question (and question my motives), let you feel like you 'know it all' and that I 'smell'. :') .

We all *tried* to help. But it seems, after reading YOUR posts and the replies to your posts last week, that you have all the correct information. Complaining seems to be what you want now.

And if that's what you want, you have it.

Thanks all. I think I will email the President again and cc RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com . I am sort of surprised I have not received a response back yet. Its really nothing super urgent but an issue that was quite disappointing and frustrating (even more so since a Manager on the phone did promise to call me last Friday). Never heard from him. Again, that lack of a return call alone disappointed and frustrated me even more.

If it isn't super urgent and it's for a cruise you haven't taken yet, I am sure they aren't in a hurry. I emailed them about an issue when they changed over the drink packages essentially from 3 to 2 and heard back right away from a lovely woman from his office who I remain in contact with today. I send her the good and bad from all our cruises and she calls me to talk about it and if I ever have a question about anything, I'll send her a note and she'll reply or call right away. I don't abuse it though. I have to say she's a big reason after 20+ cruises, we have only cruised on Royal since that initial contact. I hope they realize how valuable she is. I get a survey after each contact and try to ensure they know.

If it isn't super urgent and it's for a cruise you haven't taken yet, I am sure they aren't in a hurry. I emailed them about an issue when they changed over the drink packages essentially from 3 to 2 and heard back right away from a lovely woman from his office who I remain in contact with today. I send her the good and bad from all our cruises and she calls me to talk about it and if I ever have a question about anything, I'll send her a note and she'll reply or call right away. I don't abuse it though. I have to say she's a big reason after 20+ cruises, we have only cruised on Royal since that initial contact. I hope they realize how valuable she is. I get a survey after each contact and try to ensure they know.
3 to 2?

I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We all *tried* to help. But it seems, after reading YOUR posts and the replies to your posts last week, that you have all the correct information. Complaining seems to be what you want now.

And if that's what you want, you have it.

Eeesh.....you are so bitter. Smile sometime.

Glad you received a response and, more importantly, that you were happy with it. Have a great cruise. I agree with you about some of the responses. It is sad that members can't ask a question on here without receiving a few hateful replies. Always a good reminder to me..."If you have nothing nice (or helpful) to say, say nothing at all!".