How long for a reply from mbayley@rccl.com ?

The Royalguestrations is a good email to write. If you are booked in a True Suite, Grand Suite of higher, there is a board with a spreadsheet with emails of current concierges. I would not think writing Michael Bayley email as a method to get information. Other places to get answers are on the Royal Caribbean International FB page and on Twitter to RC.

K

K:

I actually was never trying to get information. I am now trying to get a resolution.

I thought asking an employee of RCCL on their own customer service line would be the best place to get answers to RCCL questions I had.

Being on the Boards 18 years doesn't mean I sit at the Boards every day and read everyone's problems, stories and experiences. I've gone on about 10 cruises starting in 1999ish and joined because of the roll call feature way back when.

I booked a GB gty. Anthem. Drink perks. I do have names/times, etc.. Its not he said / she said. Calls ARE recorded.

I am not familiar with a category called "GB gty".

I assume that your issue is the difference between Sky Class benefits and Star Class benefits.

You don't get the beverage package with Sky Class. Is that your issue?

(Or included standard gratuities or unlimited specialty dining)

K:

I actually was never trying to get information. I am now trying to get a resolution.

I thought asking an employee of RCCL on their own customer service line would be the best place to get answers to RCCL questions I had.

Believe it or not, some very quick resolutions have come from the FB or Twitter route. The email royalguestrelations and phone ending in 6649 have always worked well for me. Another method would be to call the main number and ask for resolutions when you get an agent.

I agree with others above who have said that you can get many different answers to the same question with different agents. Shouldn’t be that way, but sometimes it is. Good luck.

I work for a Fortune 100 company and am often asked to handle / investigate / re-direct communications from customers directed to top officers of the company. You'd be amazed at the kind (and volume) of mail and e-mails they get on a daily basis!

Although it might take a while for an e-mail / letter to get to the proper department/individual (and then for that individual to respond to the inquiry), eventually someone will respond to the communication in detail. That said, I think in addition to waiting for a response from Mr. Bayley's staff, you'd have better luck contacting the guest services e-mail address provided a few posts back. At my company, probably 95% of the inquiries sent to officers of the company could have easily been resolved to the customer's satisfaction simply by calling customer service.

I am not familiar with a category called "GB gty".

I assume that your issue is the difference between Sky Class benefits and Star Class benefits.

You don't get the beverage package with Sky Class. Is that your issue?

(Or included standard gratuities or unlimited specialty dining)

No. I have now confirmed which perks are included in my cabin category. It doesn't negate what happened before unfortunately.

No. I have now confirmed which perks are included in my cabin category. It doesn't negate what happened before unfortunately.

I am completely confused about "what happened before". But I guess that you don't want to share that. Good luck. (I would take the advice to use RC's FB page or Twitter feed)

K:

Try the number I posted, it is free call. I have used the office a number of times with problems encountered and they have usually resolved the issues.

"Try phoning 1-800-256-6649 Guest Experience office Miami"

I am completely confused about "what happened before". But I guess that you don't want to share that. Good luck. (I would take the advice to use RC's FB page or Twitter feed)

Yep, it’s interesting to see the follow through there to many situations, isn’t it? Many companies are like that. A tweet I sent to Delta on Sunday was responded to very quickly.

Being on the Boards 18 years doesn't mean I sit at the Boards every day and read everyone's problems, stories and experiences. I've gone on about 10 cruises starting in 1999ish and joined because of the roll call feature way back when.

I booked a GB gty. Anthem. Drink perks. I do have names/times, etc.. Its not he said / she said. Calls ARE recorded.

Yes, I did point out that calls are recorded. I’m just not familiar with what a GB gty is, however. Is this supposed to guarantee you a star class stateroom? If not and you received sky class, I’m not sure you have a leg to stand on. At this point, you might try Facebook or a phone call.

Believe it or not, some very quick resolutions have come from the FB or Twitter route. .

While I've heard that for a few airlines and other travel services, I haven't tried that with Royal yet. Just this week I heard of a twitter tirade against American Airlines by a former pro-athlete that I had tended to admire for what I knew about him. his flight to Cabo (thinking he wasn't on his way to his grandma's funeral) was 4 hours later because of a required inspection.

While I've heard that for a few airlines and other travel services, I haven't tried that with Royal yet. Just this week I heard of a twitter tirade against American Airlines by a former pro-athlete that I had tended to admire for what I knew about him. his flight to Cabo (thinking he wasn't on his way to his grandma's funeral) was 4 hours later because of a required inspection.

Well, tirades rarely work so mine was framed under wanting to be helpful to future passengers so they had a better Delta experience. My granny always said you catch more flies with honey, than vinegar. Ever hear that? I just never figured out why anyone wants to catch flies. Lol

Seriously. It's incredibly naive to think that by emailing that address, the CEO is going to see it. If I were a betting man, I would bet he personally does not even check that inbox and every email goes straight to an intern or assistant of some sort. I work for a corporation a fraction the size of RCL, I'm management but not C-suite level, and I can barely keep up with my INTERNAL emails. I couldn't even fathom taking time to read customer emails. To think that someone of that magnitude has time to play customer service when a someone wants to "air their grievances" is hilarious.

I think I'm going to go email Bill Gates the next time my PC is acting up, or call Jeff Bezos if my next Amazon delivery is late.

Bezos is probably a bad example because he does sometimes read some of the emails. Read an article recently and in it they talked about the most terrifying thing was being forwarded a customer email Bezos got with nothing but a ? from him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

“What happened before” = being given incorrect information about my room perks initially. (I am not trying to hide anything).

GB gty = grand suite w/ large balcony

“What happened before” = being given incorrect information about my room perks initially. (I am not trying to hide anything).

So were you told this would be a star class suite?

In light of your earlier posts, as linked by setsail, it seems that you were aware from the outset that you were not going to get free drinks and that there is no hot breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Yes, the rep was wrong, but you knew that and had it confirmed here on Cruise Critic last week.

IMO, this whole thing is now trivial and not worth all of these posts and all of this angst.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In light of your earlier posts, as linked by setsail, it seems that you were aware from the outset that you were not going to get free drinks and that there is no hot breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Yes, the rep was wrong, but you knew that and had it confirmed here on Cruise Critic last week.

IMO, this whole thing is now trivial and not worth all of these posts and all of this angst.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. I knew something didn’t smell right.

To close out this post, my second email was responded to within hours after I emailed both RCCL Customer Relations and mbayley@rccl.com. Thank you very much to the individual who made the suggestion about RCCL Customer Relations. Although it was not customer relations who contacted me, I think that is what pushed the response from the CEO's office.

I haven't taken my cruise yet. But so far, I have found that RCCL's customer service is sub par. I can't imagine what I am going to experience on this cruise.

You will likely be pleasantly surprised. Aside from the website, we love RC. Elsewise, we’d do most cruises with other lines.

Yep, it’s interesting to see the follow through there to many situations, isn’t it? Many companies are like that. A tweet I sent to Delta on Sunday was responded to very quickly.
During our debacle of a trip to Singapore in April, I left a question on Delta FB. Quick responses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So were you told this would be a star class suite?

When I booked, I had NO idea what sky class or star class or any suite class was. I simply knew I was booking a suite. I did not know classes of suites.