Vista / Live / Solo - May 27-June 2 2018...

sid_9169

I've been on a cruising hiatus for 5 years by now, and your review is helping with pushing me to get back into it. I'm a single dude too, by the way. I plan to do a short cruise on yet another Fantasy class ship (a.k.a. "a minnow" ;p), because I like their layout, small crowds, and good return on my spending. Plus, short cruises also have a party vibe I'm looking for.

From last night at home... Half bloody Mary half Caeser... (Tomato juice and clamato) with smoked paprika on top[ATTACH]423253[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

1st of all, very impressed you use a coaster at home! :D

Truly enjoyed your review, I feel I contributed a lot to your 45k plus views just to see what you were up to or maybe it was to see if you ever get drunk, LOL.

Thank you again for a great review.

In the overnight hours, this thread exceeded 50,000 views!... I am truly blown away by the response to what started out as just a way to pass the time, and share my vacation, since I was travelling alone... Well, it looks like I wasn't so alone after all. I had you fine people along with me. (***You're all fine people. Very fine. Believe me...)

Some have expressed interest in keeping this thing going. I don't want to clog up the Carnival boards with a bunch of who knows what, so I started a new thread in the Test Forum, which can be found further up the page under "Community Rules of Participation and Message Board Forum Help"

***Note: I will provide a link, for those in Rio Linda... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2642628

***Note2: If you get the "Rio Linda" comment, we would probably get along just fine in a social setting...

I will try to update it regularly, though I still have to work and stuff also...

Thanks again Sid for taking us all along with you on a great journey. Your writing style is contagious to say the least. I laughed out loud several times along the way. Maybe a book is in your future? Confessions of a solo cruiser in search of a Tequila sunrise!! All the best to you.

Thanks again Sid for taking us all along with you on a great journey. Your writing style is contagious to say the least. I laughed out loud several times along the way. Maybe a book is in your future? Confessions of a solo cruiser in search of a Tequila sunrise!! All the best to you.

Thank you so much. My writing style is nothing more than my actual train of thought... I wouldn't mind getting paid to do it, though...

Sent from my MZ505 using Forums mobile app

1st of all, very impressed you use a coaster at home! :D

Truly enjoyed your review, I feel I contributed a lot to your 45k plus views just to see what you were up to or maybe it was to see if you ever get drunk, LOL.

Thank you again for a great review.

Thank you for following. Believe if or not, I did "get drunk" every day... I just like to keep it a couple of notches below "stumbling, and falling down drunk"...

This was a great review. I am not much of a drinker and I would certainly not be getting up at those early hours even if I drank a fraction of what you had. Good on you!

I am very sorry for your loss, far too young.

I too lost a very good friend when she was 50 two years ago while I was on a cruise and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, she loved Costa Rica so I must go there someday and leave a tribute to her.

I admire the fact the you seem to live everyday in the moment, no admiration for those grasshoppers though!! :)

Thanks for sharing your journey and your personal story. I will follow you on the Bliss virtually in Dec. until then enjoy your journey!

I bet if you tried the grasshoppers you would love them... Variety is truly the spice of life, and I will try anything at least once...

I really enjoyed your review!! I read a lot of cruise reviews and blogs...mostly Carnival and Holland America....you did such a fantastic job of telling your story thru your pictures....amazing...thanks so much for sharing...also loved all your South Beach pictures...

I don't visit the NCL board much...will you do a review of the Bliss?...we did the Getaway with the kids and grand kids about a year ago...can you give us the date of your cruise so we can check that board to see if you're doing another live review? Thanks again:)

Thanks so much for following. I hope to. "Go Live" on the Bliss... NCL internet costs roughly 2 1/2 times as much as Carnival...

Your review was not staged nor did it include pre-cruise hoop-la. You brought us real-time from your perspective. Very cool.

These boards are so much more friendlier than NCL. NCL can be brutal. I honestly have no use for people who make YouTube videos prior to sailing, and I really don't care what your girlfriend is wearing or what purse she is carrying during review (I am sure you know who I am referring to..recent TA cruise) LOL and JMO!

Keep doing your reviews the way you are. Simple and from the heart.

Another JMO...

:)

Thank you for following, and just wait until the next one, where I will include hyper links to each and every outfit of the day, and where it can be purchased...

I loved your review. I'm of the same age and your CCCP shirt has inspired me to listen to some American Soviets when I commute home.

I'm also one for food pictures, drink pictures, and ship pictures.

If you ever sail from Port Canaveral, have some lionfish at Grill's Seafood right at the port. Delicious!

I like Carnival, but have no plans to sail with them for the foreseeable future... As a solo, I get a much better deal on NCL. I would love to try out Royal, but it's a bit too rich for my blood. (*I mean, budget...)

Thanks for posting a face pic! That was long overdue.

I really enjoyed your live review. Let us Royal Caribbean folk know if you decide to switch cruise lines.

Just for fun, I went back and dug up my very first couple of reviews from 2014-2015... There are no photos. Text only... I will post a link if you have any interest, only I ask PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON ANY OF THE OLD REVIEWS. This will "Resurrect" old and irrelevant info that has no place in the present message board.

Again, read but please do not add content to the older threads. Feel free to comment back here if you would like.

The Breeze from Oct 2014: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119504

The Breeze again from Jan 2015: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151931

My first NCL- 2015: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220838

And, the first NCL Escape review 2016: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361637

Just for fun, I went back and dug up my very first couple of reviews from 2014-2015... There are no photos. Text only... I will post a link if you have any interest, only I ask PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON ANY OF THE OLD REVIEWS. This will "Resurrect" old and irrelevant info that has no place in the present message board.

Again, read but please do not add content to the older threads. Feel free to comment back here if you would like.

The Breeze from Oct 2014: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119504

The Breeze again from Jan 2015: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151931

My first NCL- 2015: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220838

And, the first NCL Escape review 2016: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361637

Thanks for sharing these:)

Now, imagine that your body is a well cooked piece of asparagus... Lean forward and touch your toes. Put your arms to the sky, and stretch. Let all of that negative energy go.

And, we have now moved on...

[ATTACH]422640[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

:')

(y)

... My writing style is nothing more than my actual train of thought...

(y) ...and this is why I enjoy your trip reports so much!

I can never manage to actually catch a live report live, but happily, that also means I get to read all the way through without having to wait for the next installment!:D Thanks for all the pictures and drinks and random trains of thoughts! Oh, and atrium funnel art!

Now that I finally have the Escape officially in my future, I may have to go back to revisit your Escape reports...

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the next adventure!

Also, I quite like the idea of the bag over the suitcase while traveling!

(y) ...and this is why I enjoy your trip reports so much!

I can never manage to actually catch a live report live, but happily, that also means I get to read all the way through without having to wait for the next installment!:D Thanks for all the pictures and drinks and random trains of thoughts! Oh, and atrium funnel art!

Now that I finally have the Escape officially in my future, I may have to go back to revisit your Escape reports...

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the next adventure!

Also, I quite like the idea of the bag over the suitcase while traveling!

Thank you for following (after the fact) I guess it does work better as a full body of work all at once... I also have a couple of Escape Live reviews... Just click on my username then click "all threads started by" and look for the Escape Live, there are two...