Vista / Live / Solo - May 27-June 2 2018...

sid_9169

You will love the Escape. I have sailed upon her four times now... I booked the Bliss the very first day they opened for $899 plus fees in a solo cabin...

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

Good score! Solo travelers always take the hit. Not sure why!? We eat less, use less water, and our rooms require zero maintenance! Someday hope Cruise lines will look at us as an asset rather than hindrance and project that in their rates. Till then..bend over! LOL! I look forward to your review on the Bliss :)

And then it really was over...

I don't have the will to add anymore tonight. I'm tired from s long travel day, then flight delay. Plus a subway then Uber ride home...

I will add some final thoughts tomorrow, and as promised, I will personally thank everyone who commented by name (username, that is)

To all of you who followed along throughout my journey there and back again, I really appreciate you putting up with some of the crazy stuff. But most of all, just thanks for being here...

Till then, a picture of my pile of soiled laundry...

IMG_20180602_223815569.thumb.jpg.94b469389dcaf7ab9b91036eb8545fca.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sid, nice review. Since you are responding tomorrow, I have some questions. 1. Did you ever go to the Havana area after 7pm and if so, how was it? 2. You sure drink a lot...how's the liver holding up? Lol. 3. If you package up your suitcase before the restroom, how did you handle so many public areas including all those tongs at the buffet? 4. Why did you never show your face (just chin and below)?

Thanks Sid for taking us along on this Vista cruise. It would have been great to actually be on the cruise but this was the next best thing. You made it feel like we were there. It was fun and entertaining to tune in all week. It was good to see you enjoyed the cruise and Miami. Thanks for sharing your vacation.

I just hibernated for a solid 10 hours. I have some news that's going to anger many people. Throughout the week, I consumed massive quantities of food and beverages. (You were all my witnesses... I gained a sum total of 2.2 lbs over the week... I'm thinking of going to the local Brazilian steakhouse for lunch today to try and satisfy my hunger...

I really enjoyed your review!! I read a lot of cruise reviews and blogs...mostly Carnival and Holland America....you did such a fantastic job of telling your story thru your pictures....amazing...thanks so much for sharing...also loved all your South Beach pictures...

I don't visit the NCL board much...will you do a review of the Bliss?...we did the Getaway with the kids and grand kids about a year ago...can you give us the date of your cruise so we can check that board to see if you're doing another live review? Thanks again:)

Thanks for this review, it was enjoyable. And thanks for sharing something very personal in your story about why Cozumel was important to visit.

And thank you even more for telling me where to get my cruise t-shirts to represent Murica!

Wow! 41,505 views!... I am truly humbled by all of your comments and complements. This is easily my biggest review ever, and it's all thanks to you, and your encouragement. A certain person (*that I will not name) would call the response "Huge!"

As luck would have it, I am at work right now paying for my sin of taking the week off for a relaxing vacation... Talk about being "thrown to the sharks"

***Note: Hopefully this review has not yet "jumped the shark..."

Anyhoo, I will have to wait until tomorrow to thank you all personally by name. I have gone back through and recorded a total of 95 people who commented / responded to my adventure...

***Note: You are all fine people. Just tremendous!...

I will return and add my final thoughts, as well as comparison to NCL, if anyone would like.

Until then, it was a great adventure we all shared. There were ups (mostly ups!) there were downs. And, for a while, it even went sideways... But, through it all, you the readers endured! And, I like that...

Wow! 41,505 views!... I am truly humbled by all of your comments and complements. This is easily my biggest review ever, and it's all thanks to you, and your encouragement. A certain person (*that I will not name) would call the response "Huge!"

Huge? or Yuge?

Quick question... we are going on the 8 Day Southern itinerary on the vista in July.... Does anyone have any info on the Dr Suess breakfast and stuff there is to do / Schedule for kids? I haven’t found much so any info would be great! Looking for what to schedule while on the ship, special events, breakfast and kid activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just finished your review - wow - excellent job! I just got off the Horizon TA and then stayed on to Bermuda. We also frequented Alchemy but you win with all your drinks! :) I love an apple martini, so will have to remember to request a smoked apple version when I sail again. :cocktail:

Your review was not staged nor did it include pre-cruise hoop-la. You brought us real-time from your perspective. Very cool.

These boards are so much more friendlier than NCL. NCL can be brutal. I honestly have no use for people who make YouTube videos prior to sailing, and I really don't care what your girlfriend is wearing or what purse she is carrying during review (I am sure you know who I am referring to..recent TA cruise) LOL and JMO!

Keep doing your reviews the way you are. Simple and from the heart.

Another JMO...

:)

Thank you Sid-Wilson for such an amazing review!

I mostly laughed enjoyed your wicked sarcasm, but I did shed a fear tears hearing about you loss too. What a wonderful tribute you gave her!

I am sailing on the Vista 8 day Southern in July and am so excited!

I was sad to see your cruise though .. your personality in your review shined through!

Thank you!

Very entertaining review. very informative as well. I will say that you have a liver made of steel and some otherworldly metabolism as I can easily put on 10 pounds in a cruise. In any event thanks for taking us along on your adventure.

I'm back at work for real now, and the cruise is now just a memory... But, oh what an epic journey we had.

***Note: you weren't really there, but you felt like it at times...

If I failed to answer any specific questions, I will try, but as you know I spent most of my time eating and drinking and sharing it all with you.

This cruise was different for me in many ways. I only ate in the MDR once. I only got into the hot tub once. This was my first time purchasing an internet plan. But, in other ways, I did it just like usual. My way...

Getting up early. (Also, going to bed early by most peoples cruise standard) Eating and drinking a wide variety of items. I love to eat and drink... I never once rode in the elevator, which is the standard for me. Have to work off all those calories somehow.

Once again, I can't express how great it was to have you all join me on this epic adventure... As a solo traveller, it's lonely sometimes, but it was just like you were right there with me. In order of appearance, I would personally like to thank each and every one of you who responded with your kind comments. And, to those of you who followed along but did not chime in, I also thank you for being there. Without further adieu, the thank you list is as follows: Babygal77s, moonbmn53, mlipreston, helene109, Rogueperson, zabnee, natefish95, soulsistah007, OceanBlueWaters, wtwien, Beachiekeen, Carol Jones, 2 cruzen, jimbri, grandmarnurse, bellasava, scrantsj, zencruisers, Stallion, carnivaladdix120, JohnSpo, Justcrusin, mnp75, bunnyette, CRUISERMOMX3, mdaviswv, BookDragon, Hogladyrider, singinalot, boomhower, tawaik, Lhound92, CruizenCuteJulia, Nclgetawaymenhoney, Hilfiger42, atakkat, tstegall24, mirthu, gotscrapz, Medvedik, azjim66, suesnake2002, hucifer, CrusinPedsNurse, E@syPe@zy, zidel, tchakra0124, sharse, Joebucks, mslhb, FP3740, smitty89, Saint Greg, CruisinTeacher4, pafoster62, ms1badtk, aztekpm, Shawnkat, LivetoCruise412, cruisebaby9, TravelLots, mkmaj, licram, stargazer424, bluewater5, winddawn, pebbles1102, not ice cream, RenoNanaOz, ilovethesparkles, sexy50, Sunandslots, rolloman, AzJUnkGirl, im4clowns, lbocola, LandlockedCruiser01, AmBear, jbhcw, jessMN74, Michelle236, TimeToGetNauti, vince5251, Elustriah, maracalone1, Shidah, amallison, MzShae, CelticMCO, Cruiser 4 Life 66, MizT, SausageKingofChi, marcia014, WitnessProtection, liveonthesea, maxydu, Dkmeyers, crusin*tigger, and angelofsin...

• Like 1

So, I have never cruised alone but often 'threaten' to. You made it seem OK. Thank you for the best review I have ever had the pleasure of reading in Cruise Critic. I anxiously looked forward to each installment and am sad that it's over. Here's hoping you add another review of your next adventure!

Easily one of the best reviews I have ever read here on Cruise Critic! Really enjoyed the humor,(still laughing my ass off at the Trump shirt), the pics, and your touching tribute to your soul mate. Thanks for taking the time to post everything and taking us all along for the ride.

Our first Alchemy Bar experience was on the Glory a few years ago and Brian was our bartender.(small world) Never had a bad drink at that bar.