NEW opportunity on AMEX $100 refund on $500 offer

DSLibrarian

I already posted this on the old thread but wanted to make sure folks saw this. I was able to get another $100 credit by using my USBank AMEX card. I also added the offer to my Macy's AMEX card and received the confirmation.

The great AMEX offer ($100 refund on $500 for World Cruise Lines) is still available through 5/31/18. The good news is - even if you've already used it on your AMEX issued cards, you can now use it on AMEX branded cards not issued by AMEX (such as Macy's, USBank, Wells Fargo, etc.) You first must register the card at American Express Connect here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/n...pping.html#All. The World Cruise Lines offer is one of the available offers.

There's an ongoing thread on this over on the Carnival board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2633939

If you read through it, you'll see I'm having a devil of a time trying to get the $100 credit on my Hilton Honors AMEX.

Roz

This offer is only for AMEX cards NOT issued by AMEX. The Hilton cards are AMEX issued cards. I was able to add it to my USBank AMEX and my MACY's AMEX.

This offer is only for AMEX cards NOT issued by AMEX. The Hilton cards are AMEX issued cards. I was able to add it to my USBank AMEX and my MACY's AMEX.

What does that even mean? AMEX cards not issued by AMEX? Why was I able to load the offer to my card if it's an AMEX card not issued by AMEX???

Roz

There is more than one AMEX offer. I'm the OP of this thread.

The one I posted about is here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#All and it is for AMEX cards NOT issued by AMEX.

For a good description of the differences see this: https://thepointsguy.com/news/third-party-amex-cards-american-express-connect/

It is not good for inside cabins.
I have tried meny Times

Of course it does, why would you say that it isn't? So long as you spend $500, it's valid.

Did you actually make the charge or did you have someone tell you that it wouldn't work? Just wondering.

Edited by MisterBill99

What does that even mean? AMEX cards not issued by AMEX? Why was I able to load the offer to my card if it's an AMEX card not issued by AMEX???

Roz

To make it simpler, it means cards that you do not login to americanexpress.com to manage.

There is more than one AMEX offer. I'm the OP of this thread./
Strictly speaking, there is a single AMEX offer, ($100 off $500, expires 5/31) but there are different ways of adding it to your card depending on who the card issuer is. Edited by MisterBill99

Try using this link to add it to your AMEX-issued Hilton card - http://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Make sure you don't already have it loaded to another card on the same login. I was just able to add it to my Hilton card.

We had a AMEX CARD for 35 years it was our main card

When they started the promotion about 6 or 7 years ago I tried. Didn't work only Balcony's and up I said good by AMEX hello Chase.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

And how many $100 off cruise offers have you gotten from Chase? And if it worked for balconies and up, it was not the same sort of offer as this one is, since this is only based on spending $500 on a cruise.

Strictly speaking, there is a single AMEX offer, ($100 off $500, expires 5/31) but there are different ways of adding it to your card depending on who the card issuer is.

Yes, strictly speaking, you are correct. I was just trying to simply things because there seemed to be so much confusion over Amex issued cards vs non Amex issued cards. I'm sorry this thread has become so contentious. .

Yes, strictly speaking, you are correct. I was just trying to simply things because there seemed to be so much confusion over Amex issued cards vs non Amex issued cards. I'm sorry this thread has become so contentious. .

That's why telling people it's where you login that is the difference is the easiest way to explain it.

I just find it frustrating when you try to explain something based on knowledge that you have and the other person seems to think that they know more than you do and have figured out why it won't work. Not in this thread so much as in the other with the person who was convinced the non-AMEX issued deal was bogus because his card issuer was not aware of the offer.

Well, no matter how contentious, many of us appreciate you starting the thread again as a reminder. Without that I would probably have missed the deadline.

Well, no matter how contentious, many of us appreciate you starting the thread again as a reminder. Without that I would probably have missed the deadline.

Thanks jertom.

BTW - for all the doubters...I used the offer on both my USBank AMEX and Macy's AMEX. The $500 charges were pending since Saturday. They finally posted this morning (due to the Monday holiday) and the $100 credits were credited immediately. Additional $200 savings!!

To make it simpler, it means cards that you do not login to americanexpress.com to manage.

Mr. Bill, thank you for the explanation. I've been logging into the main AMEX site since 2006 to manage my Hilton Honors AMEX, so I don't know why I haven't received the credit. The offer is loaded on my card, and I know it's legit.

DSLibrarian, you did nothing to create a contentious thread.

Roz

I have a Hilton Honors AMEX card and had the Carnival OBC applied to it. Thought I had another $100 OBC for upcoming cruise, but we booked our cruise with the BIG BOX STORE and they do not accept AMEX anymore. Only Visa & MasterCard. So I was out of luck.

I have a Hilton Honors AMEX card and had the Carnival OBC applied to it. Thought I had another $100 OBC for upcoming cruise, but we booked our cruise with the BIG BOX STORE and they do not accept AMEX anymore. Only Visa & MasterCard. So I was out of luck.

Next time, book directly with the cruise line and move the booking to the Big Box TA anytime before your final payment. That way, you can take advantage of the AXEX offers and the Big Box OBC too.

Next time, book directly with the cruise line and move the booking to the Big Box TA anytime before your final payment. That way, you can take advantage of the AXEX offers and the Big Box OBC too.

That's what I did (transfer from HAL) to Big Box and tried, but too late. Should have tried before transferring