Flowy dresses on the Allure?

I am trying to plan my wardrobe for our Allure/eastern Caribbean trip in less then a month. Initially I picked mostly flowy dresses that I could dress up, dress down, wear over swim suits. And then I read a post about how blowy it can be.

Are flowy dresses going to make me have a bunch of "wardrobe malfunctions"?

How do you dress most comfortably on the Allure (or similar trips)? I don't like shorts or showing off my legs. But I also hate being super hot!

Dresses are fine, but it does get breezy in Central Park at night. The only women who had a "malfunction" were the ones who wore very short, full skirts. You'll probably want to pack a light sweater for the theatre and MDR as it can be a little chilly. Enjoy the Allure. It's a wonderful ship.

Just off and longer flowing, even sheer dresses over swim suits are lovely and even inspired me to buy another. Would wear nothing short on deck though if a malfunction is a concern. Inside whatever you are comfortable in goes and is worn by someone from the shortest dresses to longer ones.

I love the loose fitting style as well. Inside you will be fine. Outside they will blow up, but at night on the Allure you probably won’t be outside much. If we are walking from one area to another and use the outside walkway I just bunch up my dress in my hand and hold it close to prevent it from blowing up. But I wouldn’t want to wear a flowy dress for an outside event. Especially at night when the ship is moving and is more windy. In the day over swimsuits I would think you will be fine. Even it blows up a little it’s a swimsuit, not your undies!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a whole wardrobe of colorful, printed maxi-dresses that I wear when cruising. I also don’t like showing my knees and hate long pants in the heat. I take capris & t-shirts for excursions where they may be a better choice. I have a caftan that I can slip over a swimsuit for places like CocoCay. Everything packs easily without wrinkling.

Kay

On our honeymoon on Freedom 4 years ago my wife and I were on the top deck during sail away then started walking around and came to Johnny Rockets and there was a bit of a wind tunnel effect there and my wife’s dress blew up for the world to see. Not a big deal to us we laughed and still do to this day.

...we also had a group of teenaged boys that seemed to follow my wife around the whole cruise after that! :'):')

Edited by BigHouseFootball