Cruising out of Quebec city

In September we are taking a cruise that is leaving from Quebec city and I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the best way to get from the airport to the cruise port. Shuttle or cab? I do not have international calling so I think uber is out.

2. Do I need to get Canadian currency to pay for a cab? Being from Michigan our banks usually have it.

3. I have never taken a cruise were the first night is a overnighter in the departure port. Can you get off/on anytime you want?

Thank you

Don

Sent from my VS500 using Forums mobile app

In September we are taking a cruise that is leaving from Quebec city and I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the best way to get from the airport to the cruise port. Shuttle or cab? I do not have international calling so I think uber is out.

2. Do I need to get Canadian currency to pay for a cab? Being from Michigan our banks usually have it.

3. I have never taken a cruise were the first night is a overnighter in the departure port. Can you get off/on anytime you want?

Thank you

Don

we're doing this cruise too..but leaving from florida...hope we can get a non stop flight from from Ft Lauderdale to QC

we're doing this cruise too..but leaving from florida...hope we can get a non stop flight from from Ft Lauderdale to QC

Good luck with that. Out of OKC we have to have 2 connections! Better start looking now, as they might fill up. I already booked my Oct. flight. Check out Westjet - they have some good fares and I hear they are a good airline for the money.

Thank you

Don

1 - I would say taxi

2 - We used Canadian currency. They might take a credit card but am not sure that all do.

3 - We were able to get on/off whenever we wanted.

how much USD is a cab from airport to cruise terminal?

I checked on the Quebec City airport website and it said fixed price to downtown for $34.25 Canadian. That would be about $27 US (depending on the exchange rate at the time - of course I am sure taxi drivers are not going to give you a great exchange rate!).

I plan on getting some Canadian money from my bank or an airport ATM when I arrive.

I checked on the Quebec City airport website and it said fixed price to downtown for $34.25 Canadian. That would be about $27 US (depending on the exchange rate at the time - of course I am sure taxi drivers are not going to give you a great exchange rate!).

I plan on getting some Canadian money from my bank or an airport ATM when I arrive.

thanks ..we'll pick up Canadian dollars before we leave from our bank

We absolutely love Quebec City - if you have the time, spend a couple of days there and you will not be disappointed. I would suggest taking a taxi - clean and efficient and you will not have to share like on a shuttle. Also, you DO NOT NEED Canadian dollars - using a credit card gives you the best exchange rate. Also, when a ship stays overnight, you can come and go as you please but will need to be on board at a certain time in which the Captain will announce.

Edited by aml3679
add

We absolutely love Quebec City - if you have the time, spend a couple of days there and you will not be disappointed. I would suggest taking a taxi - clean and efficient and you will not have to share like on a shuttle. Also, you DO NOT NEED Canadian dollars - using a credit card gives you the best exchange rate. Also, when a ship stays overnight, you can come and go as you please but will need to be on board at a certain time in which the Captain will announce. Have fun. So jealous, we live in Florida now and are too far away but spent 4 days in the City prior to moving. On of our favorites. If you did not freeze your arse off most of the winter, I could live there.