what are my options if the price I paid for 2A cabin is now reduced ???

joylikes2shop

I confess I am a little confused. I thought (based on US rules, or at least Celebrity's US rules) that if you wanted to upgrade to a higher level cabin after final payment the price of that cabin had to be at least $1 more than your previous cabin. Yet I am reading here of many who say they upgraded for free, in addition to keeping their original perks. Did the rules change or am I just confused (a definite possibility!). We have had success upgrading rooms, but always for an upcharge. Have never been so lucky as to have what is in essence a free upgrade after final payment. Most of the last minute awesome prices I have seen are also with no perks, or fewer perks than what we booked for. If there are good perks they are generally offered with new bookings only. What am I missing here??? We have 43 Celebrity cruises under our belt so you would think I would know this stuff by now.

I don’t think you have to pay for the upgrade, you simply won’t get any money back. On our last cruise we booked a verandah cabin. After final payment concierge cabins dropped to less than what we paid and aqua class dropped to $500 more than we paid. We were offered to move to concierge for free or pay $500 more to move to aqua class. What we were surprised by is that when we booked we booked under ‘go big’ and after final payment the offer was ‘go better’. They would allow us to pay the $500 to go to aqua but had to keep the original perk we booked under. We couldn’t switch to the ‘go better’ offer and get the additional perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums