Enchantment 3 night Bahamas Cruise Semi Live Review June 1-June 4.

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. My husband and I will be embarking tomorrow on a 3 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami hitting Cococay (hopefully) and Nassau.

We are a mid to late 30's couple, and this will be our 3rd cruise ever and have only sailed Royal. We were on Brilliance in 2015 out of Tampa, and Adventure in 2016 out of San Juan.

We are taking the risk of flying in the same day from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale and will be grabbing an uber to the port. Our flight leaves at 6am connecting through Atlanta, so we will be up super early! Hoping not to have the experience lemonade-sails had at the airport (read her enchantment review- its great!)

Hoping to include lots of pics and answer any questions you may have!

Thanks for reading. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. My husband and I will be embarking tomorrow on a 3 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami hitting Cococay (hopefully) and Nassau.

Amanda from Cleveland, you weren't a recent shut in were you? (Bad joke, I know) Hello to a fellow Buckeye.

We are taking the risk of flying in the same day from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale and will be grabbing an uber to the port. Our flight leaves at 6am connecting through Atlanta, so we will be up super early! Hoping not to have the experience lemonade-sails had at the airport (read her enchantment review- its great!)

Hoping to include lots of pics and answer any questions you may have!

Let us know how the Uber experience goes. I'll enjoy this review with Enchantment coming up for me in the fall when she moves to Port Canaveral. My cruise next spring is out of Miami, which we usually fly into, but we can save money on baggage going Southwest to FLL. We may try a shuttle.

Amanda from Cleveland, you weren't a recent shut in were you? (Bad joke, I know) Hello to a fellow Buckeye.

Let us know how the Uber experience goes. I'll enjoy this review with Enchantment coming up for me in the fall when she moves to Port Canaveral. My cruise next spring is out of Miami, which we usually fly into, but we can save money on baggage going Southwest to FLL. We may try a shuttle.

Hi Bill! Thanks for joining in! Its nice to see a fellow Buckeye! We are so excited we will also get to see a CAVS game on Sunday night from the ship!

Ive used Uber before in other cities, not at an airport though so we will see how it goes. Thanks for following along!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for joining! Happy Early Birthday to your hubby! We are excited to sail out of Miami. We are also staying for a day post cruise in Mid Beach so we are hoping to do some sight seeing. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

I will be following. We board the Enchantment on June 29 for hubby’s birthday cruise.

Have a great cruise. We love cruising out of Miami. Very scenic.

Hi Bill! Thanks for joining in! Its nice to see a fellow Buckeye! We are so excited we will also get to see a CAVS game on Sunday night from the ship!

Ive used Uber before in other cities, not at an airport though so we will see how it goes. Thanks for following along!

When I first became aware of Uber, it was either 2011 or 2013 and the FLL airport was not allowing them to pick up customers at the airport, but I do know that changed years ago. They had trouble getting accepted into some ports as well, but I have heard many people use them at both places now.

Was just watching the ship on the Key West Harbor cam. Cant wait to be on her tomorrow!! 9567386d2f309db5394b234254d65729.jpg

I know everyone has their opinions, but for a short cruise on a smaller ship I LOVE Enchantment. Make sure to go see Myra in Schooners, she is the bartender. Tell her Jerry/Karen say hi. Don't miss the Parade of Flags the last evening, one of my favorite things on Enchantment. Also love the Oasis Bar at the pool. Pool servers are awesome. Really love that ship but looking forward to having Mariner in Miami. Going to be nice to have a ship that size for our 3/4 night cruises!

I just did a mock booking and a 2 person uber said $32.75, an UberX was $36. I will let you know tomorrow! Per the fort lauderdale airport site a taxi is $76 per car and there is a shuttle that will charge $25 per person to the Port of Miami.

What does uber charge to go from Ft Lauderdale to the port of Miami?

Made it to our gate with 40 min to spare!! I was also introduced to the airport security checkpoint pat down. Fyi...they are VERY thorough. Haha. This trip is starting out great!

Made it to our gate with 40 min to spare!! I was also introduced to the airport security checkpoint pat down. Fyi...they are VERY thorough. Haha. This trip is starting out great!

You maybe flying over my head right now. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to more.

Enchantment is waiting.

b2fbe0ba0d98f5e285dfaca8ccfd4c56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Bill! We just got off the plane in Fort Lauderdale! Now to figure out the uber situation.

Following! We sail Enchantment next Friday, same route! And thanks people, for the Uber info. We’ve never done Uber, but are thinking about it, from the port to MIA to catch our flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From getting dropped off at the pier to being onboard took 20 minutes! We are only Gold members, but the speed was fast. a4f4bb35c18f434407a391613c2e4a9c.jpg

Another tradition of mine, I always get a photo of the first time I see the ship. I've sailed out of Miami 5 times and love that first glimpse of the ship coming over that bridge. Enchantment will be in Port Canaveral when I see her. I'll be in Miami next April and will be using the new terminal at the far end. Enjoy. BTW, its hot and rainy here in Ohio right now.

After chops we headed for the mandatory muster drill. The drill started at 3:30pm and was over by 3:45. Afterwards it was time for sail away. We got to watch Carnival Victory leave before us and turn around before heading out! 779e5c0730dff04460938147bc997d8e.jpg1200d577f14003d440625371789b86f9.jpg6b84aa74a13070dfdbbd1e0f1bfae769.jpg3097a0b51409ce86111e4890654bc1b6.jpg560afb55ebaeb968421150c64b6f4365.jpg