Sabatini's Question for Recent Coral Princess Cruisers

cruiserdru

Does the Sabatini's on Coral Princess still use the "old menu" (not the very old all you can eat" or have they changed to the new Italian Trattoria menu?

The Coral info on the Princess site shows the restaurant as a Sabatini's as compared to some ships that show Sabatini's Italian Trattoria. There are two different menus for the differently named restaurants.

I am really hoping it still uses the non-Trattoria menu for my upcoming cruise as I have a free specialty dinner and I am not a fan of the Bayou dining venue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A friend did a Panama transit on the Coral in January and his review on his Sabatinis dinner encouraged me to try it. The menu was the same as on the Island. We went to Sabatinis on the Island last month and the Rack of Veal was incredible. I'd say you could cut the rack with a fork. My wife and Mom both had the more traditional Italian dishes and were very happy with their choices. I'm not a big Pasta fan.

cruiserdru, Are you booked on the Coral already? If so, try to book a dining reservation. Even though the website shows Sabatini’s as the dining option on the Golden, when I went to book a dinner the option was Sabatini’s Trattoria. I am actually looking forward to the new Trattoria menu.

FWIW, I thought it was strange to have Sabatini’s Trattoria show on the Coral because on the other ships it was changed during a dry dock and Coral won’t have one until next year. Please let us know what happens when you try to book a restaurant reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't done Sabatini's in a long while, as I do prefer the Crown Grill. I wasn't fond of all that "heavy " pasta. Are there lighter fares to have, what kind of meats do they offer. I might bend and book for our Sept cruise.

cruiserdru, Are you booked on the Coral already? If so, try to book a dining reservation. Even though the website shows Sabatini’s as the dining option on the Golden, when I went to book a dinner the option was Sabatini’s Trattoria. I am actually looking forward to the new Trattoria menu.

FWIW, I thought it was strange to have Sabatini’s Trattoria show on the Coral because on the other ships it was changed during a dry dock and Coral won’t have one until next year. Please let us know what happens when you try to book a restaurant reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I am booked on the Coral for 12 September and you are right :( when I try to book the restaurant it shows as Trattoria. I find the new menu disappointing as I loved the burrata and the veal. Now, I have to decide if I just forego the specialty dinner perk and go to the CC dining the first night.

I' m not sure why Cunard and Princess are both "fixing" things that aren't broken :confused:. So much for coming home to Princess with the specialty restaurants. Hope CC dining makes up the difference.

Yes, I am booked on the Coral for 12 September and you are right :( when I try to book the restaurant it shows as Trattoria. I find the new menu disappointing as I loved the burrata and the veal. Now, I have to decide if I just forego the specialty dinner perk and go to the CC dining the first night...
They still have burrata and a veal dish but not quite certain what veal vallet is [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They still have burrata and a veal dish but not quite certain what veal vallet is [emoji848]

Unfortunately the Trattoria’s burrata is different & we much prefer the original version.

Sabatini’s: Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodori

Hand-formed cow’s milk cheese with creamy lava center on tomato carpaccio, balsamic syrup

Sabatini’s Trattoria: Burrata

Cow’s milk burrata, roasted golden beets, fava beans, mint basil vinaigrette, toasted hazelnuts

Unfortunately the Trattoria’s burrata is different & we much prefer the original version.

Sabatini’s: Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodori

Hand-formed cow’s milk cheese with creamy lava center on tomato carpaccio, balsamic syrup

Sabatini’s Trattoria: Burrata

Cow’s milk burrata, roasted golden beets, fava beans, mint basil vinaigrette, toasted hazelnuts

Me, too. Have never liked beets and fava beans brings up memories of a not so favorite movie.