Completing the online check in

myra711

Is there a reason to do online check in now when my cruise isn't until August? Do you have to check in to book restaurants, etc?
All that the online check in does is help speed up your actual check in. I did mine a year in advance and then I have nothing to worry about and fly thru the process. It's quick and easy so might as well do it. Checked in 5 people in about 5 mins

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes, do your online check-in and PRINT your documents. As a port employee you have no idea how many people wait till the last minute and then are unable to print their documents. And please read them. Your check-in at the terminal will go much faster if you know what will be expected of you when you arrive.

I would agree that you should do your check-in in advance of time. Make sure you read carefully and take all it asks you to. We get through check-in very quickly and smile as we watch others waste so much time.

Is there a reason to do online check in now when my cruise isn't until August? Do you have to check in to book restaurants, etc?

Perhaps the better question would be "Is there a reason to wait . . ."

Complete online check in when you want. Be sure and download a copy of them and keep them on your device. There is NO NEED TO PRINT them as long as you have an electronic copy with you.

I personally hate to wait until the last minute for anything and it’s a good thing I decided to do our check in back in April for our September cruise:

My husband’s passport was about to expire! We did not get them the same year so I had not realized his was up. Good thing I decided to check in so early as there was no stress involved in having to renew in a hurry, or heaven forbid not able to do it at all if we waited until the trip!

There is no reason not to do it immediately. It avoids oops’ at a time when you can’t recover.

I like to check-in early so that I get the earliest check-in time at the port. Don't know if they even check this when you enter the terminal but I'm a type A personality:) I usually go CAS and hope to get a #5 boarding pass.

Complete online check in when you want. Be sure and download a copy of them and keep them on your device. There is NO NEED TO PRINT them as long as you have an electronic copy with you.

This is absolutely false. Please print your documents. On some cruise lines and at some terminals the rules are different. You don't want to be caught without something you need.