Baked Alaska

Are those hats designed to evoke images of native Alaskans? :) The dessert was much better than what they were serving as Baked Alaska before this welcome change and it comes with a thick, dome shaped layer of meringue.

It actually is better than what I remember they used to serve.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL....good point. OK, it was soggy and tasted like the hats.

Very clever. The Baked Alaska is fun food from the minute the staff bring it in to the dining room from the galley to the last bite. The return of the grand parade of the dessert made us think of our first cruise with Carnival on the Jubilee. We sailed with Carnival for the first time 3 years after a westbound crossing of the Atlantic aboard QE2. Cunard didn't offer Baked Alaska, Carnival did and this was before Carnival bought out Cunard. We still had British waiters with Cunard. We're old as dirt.

Very clever. The Baked Alaska is fun food from the minute the staff bring it in to the dining room from the galley to the last bite. The return of the grand parade of the dessert made us think of our first cruise with Carnival on the Jubilee. We sailed with Carnival for the first time 3 years after a westbound crossing of the Atlantic aboard QE2. Cunard didn't offer Baked Alaska, Carnival did and this was before Carnival bought out Cunard. We still had British waiters with Cunard. We're old as dirt.

Might have you beat on the dirt age. We have toured the QM2, they do things in an interesting way. I would love to sail her “across the pond”.

Might have you beat on the dirt age. We have toured the QM2, they do things in an interesting way. I would love to sail her “across the pond”.

You should definitely look into a crossing. I’m surprised you haven’t done one already when considering how many cruises you have been on.

You should definitely look into a crossing. I’m surprised you haven’t done one already when considering how many cruises you have been on.

My wife (who has never been seasick) has a fear of the atlantic. Still on our list tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife (who has never been seasick) has a fear of the atlantic. Still on our list tho.

The Queen Mary 2 is an ocean liner and built to handle heavy seas. I was on her on a May crossing and actually didn't feel much movement at all. It was worse on the Carnival Breeze actually !!

The Queen Mary 2 is an ocean liner and built to handle heavy seas. I was on her on a May crossing and actually didn't feel much movement at all. It was worse on the Carnival Breeze actually !!

Thanks I will get her on it someday soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our Regal Princess TA a few weeks ago was probably one of our smoothest cruises and not a thing was felt. Our Magic TA has some movement for a day or two but overall smooth. I’d highly recommend you guys give it a try. We’re crossing the Drake Passage from Cape Horn to Antarctica and back on the Coral Princess and we’re anticipating rough seas.

Back on topic though... does the Baked Alaska parade on Carnival use a real flame like in the past or have they adopted a light up flame like other cruise lines?

Our Regal Princess TA a few weeks ago was probably one of our smoothest cruises and not a thing was felt. Our Magic TA has some movement for a day or two but overall smooth. I’d highly recommend you guys give it a try. We’re crossing the Drake Passage from Cape Horn to Antarctica and back on the Coral Princess and we’re anticipating rough seas.

Back on topic though... does the Baked Alaska parade on Carnival use a real flame like in the past or have they adopted a light up flame like other cruise lines?

Thanks, the flame was real, although I was not really paying close attention. The flame might have been contained in something but not sure. I do remember them trying to keeping it going as they procession took place. LOL, not sure how many drinks I had..... might have something to do with the memory.