Cruise Director Morning Shows- It seems all the cruise directors do them now...

We always watch the morning show while getting ready for the day. Just got off the Radiance and the morning show was a dud. Cruise director just read from the compass and then showed movie trailers for the four movies being shown that day. He then read a few more things from the compass and that was it. Never been on a cruise where movies were such a big part of the entertainment onboard.

It's very useful on port days because we get info about shuttles into town.

I'm pretty sure we had Abe Hughes on Brilliance (Baltic, May 2018)--is that possible? Anyway, we really liked him.

Yes, you had Abe. :)

We always watch the morning show while getting ready for the day. Just got off the Radiance and the morning show was a dud. Cruise director just read from the compass and then showed movie trailers for the four movies being shown that day. He then read a few more things from the compass and that was it. Never been on a cruise where movies were such a big part of the entertainment onboard.

Yeah, that was Ken Jones.

Some do them from their office.

Some do them at various locations around the ship.

Some have a standard location somewhere on the ship, in a public spot.

Some pull passing people into the show.

Some have "guests" from the various departments on the ship.

The ones who do them in public almost always (always?) do the show together with their Activities Manager.

Some CDs and AMs have chemistry; some don't. ;)

I do! It’s always great to have something to wake up to, IMO, not to mention the rundown of daily events plus the humor! A lot of CDs do it similarly, but they each still do it slightly differently. I’ve loved all mine so far, but if I had to pick a favorite, I’d have to go with Abe Hughes from Harmony of the Seas! However he did his solo, whereas all the others I’ve cruised with have done it alongside their Activities Manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree Abe Hughes was the best. I had him twice on Anthem and once on Harmony. He has a great style and a great laugh.

Yes, you had Abe. :)

I think he wanted a change from Caribbean after doing Harmony and before that Anthem.

I think he also did another ship. He likes to travel and it looks like he picked the Baltic region for a change of pace.

He once told us he wants to follow in Pat Sajak's shoes and do Wheel of Fortune.

I think he wanted a change from Caribbean after doing Harmony and before that Anthem.

I think he also did another ship. He likes to travel and it looks like he picked the Baltic region for a change of pace.

He once told us he wants to follow in Pat Sajak's shoes and do Wheel of Fortune.

Yes - Abe did Anthem, Harmony and Freedom - all are big ships based in the Caribbean. Brilliance in Europe offered new ports and a different pace. I hope he returns to big ships one day though, I want him again.

I vote for Abe's Late Night Early Morning Show. It is fantastic.

Some do them from their office.

Some do them at various locations around the ship.

Some have a standard location somewhere on the ship, in a public spot.

Some pull passing people into the show.

Some have "guests" from the various departments on the ship.

The ones who do them in public almost always (always?) do the show together with their Activities Manager.

Some CDs and AMs have chemistry; some don't. ;)

You've nailed it! All get the job done, but some do and some don't have chemistry. I can see why some have it in the office, but it is also cool to switch things up and do it in different parts of the ship. I like it if it is quirky and funny. Some do have guests, I say that they should have a different guest each day from a different department.

I previously thought it was a bad idea for a CD to do a Morning Show on their own. Abe proved me wrong, but I think it is better for most if they have the AM and a good chemistry. Equally, a terrible chemistry or polar opposite personalities between CD and AM would end up being hilarious.

I just got off the NCL Bliss and the CD and assistant did theirs around the ship and were very boring. Yawn......

Basically the Assistant just joked and stroked the CD ego. They did not do comment cards or offer anything at all.

I think the best RCI are the ones who do from office and gets lots of comment cards.